My 1st reale pocket spill and us buckle! and and and !!

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend has been telling me for 15 years about this old french ship that had supposedly run aground and got stuck there and roted away, (he was told this years ago by some old timer that said he went poking around the ballast stones and found some French pottery jugs).
We finaly got around to checking out if there was even a pile of stones there, and sure enough there was.
The incomming tide kept us from detecting around the stones but the shoreline held some nice stuff!
We detected around and found some treasures, some of it seems out of place, this site will be hit slow and hard and will hopefully give me some clue as to what has gone on there.
the 3 coins were a pocket spill or were lost in a pouch, you can tell they sat right next to each other for a long time!!
the us buckle was found less than 10 feet from the 3 coins and the Asian coin was about 50 feet away from them
the 3 coins are
1803 liberty 50 cent (bigest coin)
1781 2 reale (middle sized coin)-
1774 1 reale ??? (smallest coin)
the one with the whole in it? i Have no idea any guesses? UPDATE*** the what is it fourm helped me id it as a Chien-Lung minted 1736-1796

I never thought i would fine a reale or a us buckle in Washington State!
im still in aww.
ids on anything ar welcome.

and befor you all yell at me for cleaning my coins!!!! i already feel bad so theres no point in kicking a dead horse!

Attachments

• STACKED.JPG
    STACKED.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,193
  • UNSTACKED.JPG
    UNSTACKED.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,195
  • 1803 4pic.JPG
    1803 4pic.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 2,201
  • 1781 2r 4pic.jpg
    1781 2r 4pic.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 2,251
  • 1774 1r 4 pic.jpg
    1774 1r 4 pic.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 2,230
  • US buckle 2 pic.jpg
    US buckle 2 pic.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,234
  • coin side 1+2.jpg
    coin side 1+2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,210
  • iron stuff.JPG
    iron stuff.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,168
  • oxen.JPG
    oxen.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,153
  • small buckle.JPG
    small buckle.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,135
  • things.JPG
    things.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,141
  • pocket watck.JPG
    pocket watck.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,146
Upvote 0

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner pocket spill :icon_king:

What a great site you got to hunt dank :hello2:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Thats unreal! I didn't notice your location and I was thinking, "one of those East Coasters certainly had a good day". And then I realized you are in Washington! Great job, hit that site hard! Simply amazing ~ Banner

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find congrats.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
This is the best pocket spill I have seen. Draped Bust half dollar in there with some Spanish big reales. :headbang: Found in Washington state...:notworthy: :headbang:

BANNER! :hello2:

Kirk

Totally agree. Love seeing exactly how they were nesting in the hole.
Swank, dank!
Carl

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
That's a great pocket spill to find :thumbsup:

Your touching European history in your area that's probably as early as one can hope to, keep at that place, there's bound to be more treasures there :headbang:

HH,
Brian

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Most interesting pocket spill!!! The character of those coins is just great. They have been together for a loooong time. Awesome find!!

TG

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
you need to look inland from that ballast rock pile. the bottom of the boat would of sheered off and the top portions caried further inland as it desinterated, Its likley spread over a large area.

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
amazing spill! i say banner, too. those draped bust silvers are few and far between, especially on the west coast. sweet!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant beleve this hasent made the banner.......sometimes I think the powers that be realy havent got a clue. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Congrats on an awesome find !

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I cant believe this hasn't made the banner....

:o :o Me neither!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Hey Moderators.....Draped Bust is older and rarer than Capped Bust, and I see Capped Bust on the Banner, soooo.....what's the Deal? And the discovery was on the West Coast of all places! Don't turn your nose up to these finds.....they may never happen again.

BANNER!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOW WOULD IT BE? AWESOME! Kane 23

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn SE said:
I cant believe this hasn't made the banner....

:o :o Me neither!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Hey Moderators.....Draped Bust is older and rarer than Capped Bust, and I see Capped Bust on the Banner, soooo.....what's the Deal? And the discovery was on the West Coast of all places! Don't turn your nose up to these finds.....they may never happen again.

BANNER!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

is there a certian amout of votes needed?
anyway, my friend made it back out there and found a arrowhead while diging a signal!! im just amazed at whats come outa this sight, with only a couple of times of being there.
seems like alot of history there.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Dan. Put in my vote for Banner. Gonna be hard to top these finds for the rest of your hunting career. Keep it comin. Most of us can only dream of a site with that kind of history that hasn't been scrubbed clean. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
is there a certain amout of votes needed?

I was kindly told by a moderator that Banner Items have to meet several criteria first. Number of nominations, quality of photos, unique of the find etc. Most Important is approval by the administrator.

I'm pretty sure you got enough nominations, and your photos are pretty good, and your pocket spill is definitely unique(One of a kind, IMHO). I guess it's just up to the Administrator now.

It used to be that any Reale found made banner, but now that more hunters seem to be finding them, they're less unique and are not Banner worthy.
But how you found your pocket spill, your Draped Bust Half, and your overall story are quite unique.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn SE said:
is there a certain amout of votes needed?

I was kindly told by a moderator that Banner Items have to meet several criteria first. Number of nominations, quality of photos, unique of the find etc. Most Important is approval by the administrator.

I'm pretty sure you got enough nominations, and your photos are pretty good, and your pocket spill is definitely unique(One of a kind, IMHO). I guess it's just up to the Administrator now.

It used to be that any Reale found made banner, but now that more hunters seem to be finding them, they're less unique and are not Banner worthy.
But how you found your pocket spill, your Draped Bust Half, and your overall story are quite unique.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
well if the coins make it up there thats great! if not, ill just keep diggen till i get up there!

JuJu said:
WTG Dan. Put in my vote for Banner. Gonna be hard to top these finds for the rest of your hunting career. Keep it comin. Most of us can only dream of a site with that kind of history that hasn't been scrubbed clean. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
lol, yes it will be hard to top these! But i have a feeling that this site will give up some more cool stuff!!

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the coolest treasure stories I have heard in a long time. I'm glad it paid off with some amazing finds. There has to be some more incredible finds in the vicinity. I think your summer is now booked solid!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread