My 3 cent day

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Normally finding 3 cents on a hunt would be considered a bad day, but today was an exception. I had a little spare time this afternoon, so i hit one of my favorite spots for about 45 minutes thats given up some Civil War bullets. The place has been pounded so much that the only way to find anything is to dig iffy signals that may have iron in the hole. I got this signal that kept bouncing around from the iron range to the low 80's on my mxt, which in the past has resulted in bullets or something of value mixed in with nails. After pulling out a nail piece, i rechecked the hole and got a fairly solid low 80's reading. After 1 more good shovel full of dirt, the target was in my dirt pile and ready for my pinpointer to find. After a quick search, i found what i thought was a small button......which turned out to be my favorite coin find so far
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG

Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congradulation on the coin. Its very nice.

S

seger98

That's in really nice condition other then the hole in it, not alot of wear at all. Congratulations on the find!

titan

Jun 29, 2007
northwest tn.
Detector(s) used
MXT
;D i love that coin! a must find on my list.how big are they? what kind of coin reading do they give? ???

sonny61

Sep 9, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Prizm 4, Surfmaster ll
that's a lot prettier than the coins we have these days. congrats

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds/find, even with the hole.
Put a nice chain through the hole, or attach it with something to a nice chain, and everytime you go detecting, wear the coin.....for good luck. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sweet war coin find. wear it ----(its holed already -- so coin collecter value is nil)

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Still waiting (on the other side of MO) to find one of those. Nice find!!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
that is beautiful! love to know who put that hole in it. what a great day you had

OP
OP
Missouri_John

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Mamabear, we should get together and hunt some time since you practically live in my own back yard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions