My 3 cent day

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Normally finding 3 cents on a hunt would be considered a bad day, but today was an exception. I had a little spare time this afternoon, so i hit one of my favorite spots for about 45 minutes thats given up some Civil War bullets. The place has been pounded so much that the only way to find anything is to dig iffy signals that may have iron in the hole. I got this signal that kept bouncing around from the iron range to the low 80's on my mxt, which in the past has resulted in bullets or something of value mixed in with nails. After pulling out a nail piece, i rechecked the hole and got a fairly solid low 80's reading. After 1 more good shovel full of dirt, the target was in my dirt pile and ready for my pinpointer to find. After a quick search, i found what i thought was a small button......which turned out to be my favorite coin find so far
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
lets round up semo TH'ers & have lunch,(breakfast, or dinner) someplace & exchange notes. sounds like fun to me. after a hard rain last yr, I walked the Cape courthouse grounds & found an old marble under one of the big trees. I of course didn't use the detector, but I wonder if we could get permission as a group to hunt it if we give the goods over to them. that could be fun. I have wondered if the lost fort d could have been where the court house is now.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I think any one of us would be happy with those 3 cents!! congrats

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH