My 4 inch Dredge

jaguargene

Feb 8, 2011
My 4 inch Dredge 1200 OBO

Hi My health is not so good so I’m selling off my project 4inch dredge.Every thing is new expect the trash pump/engine that’s two yearsold.New keene air lines and air tank and a new second reg.The frame is 2X2 alumn with nice welds.This has two 15¾ sluices,top is set up for 40 inches ofGoldhog UR matting and rillfes.bottom sluice is set up for 46 inches of Goldhogscrubber matting and blue moss or carpet all included.The sluices areadjustable to always flow rate for the bottom sluice goldhog mats.The flare isa keene 4 inch.15 feet of 4 inch heavy new hose.comes with a used intake hose,a 3 inch jet hose 10 feet.Comes with 4 4inch clamps.The engine is a 2011 Lifan 168F-2 6.5 hp,with semi trash pump with 13000 GPH,Pump lift of 100 feet.New 4X3jet.A wrench for towing.
Made to use 4 35 gallon drums
email for more pic's of hose's,etc

Riffles sizes are
3/8 inchs high X 15 1/4 inchs wide X 24 inchs long X 1 1/2inchs space between them
3/4 inchs high X 151/4 inchs wide X 24 inchs long X 1 1/2 inchs space between them
1 1/4 inchs high X X15 1/4 inchs wide X 36 inchs long X 4 1/2 inchs space between them
The sluices can be set up in many ways.The front part of thetop sluice is adjustable to allow the right water flow to the bottom sluice.
Asking 1200 or OBO
In Concord,N.C. cell 9802489047
May tow up to 200 miles for gas

Attachments

• P1030001.JPG
    P1030001.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 558
  • P1030004.JPG
    P1030004.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 564
  • P1030017.JPG
    P1030017.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 2,227
  • P1030008.JPG
    P1030008.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 515
  • P1040003.JPG
    P1040003.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 880
Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the punch plate upside down. Have you ever used it? A Keene 4" header requires at least 350gpm, you don't have that much & I've never seen a trash pump ever able to pump to larger than a 3" dredge max & you are crazy if you think that it will pump through 15 feet of hose... With the right motor & a 400gpm high pressure pump this may be ok but as is, this dredge doesn't float. Plus the gold hog matting isn't tall enough to work as riffles in a 4" dredge. For many years I ran the "For Sale Forum" on 49er Mikes for just this reason. I know equipment & this does not pass...

OP
OP
J

jaguargene

Feb 8, 2011
Hi Reed I am new to dredge but have done research and ask many many questions,but still a newbee.This is a non finish project that I'm selling.The float I was going to use was 35 gallon plastic drums.The punch plate is up-side,I was going to cut off the front tab.The top has three set of riffles made of steel(not in the photo's) that could be used.The bottom sluice with hog mat has a adjustable water flow.I did not know I would be flame for this.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man :) it's not going to work with that pump. The best thing to do is part it out if you're not going to complete it or sell it as is but without the motor. The way it is with the 3" power jet, because the opening in the jet is 1" ID, that trash pump has no pressure in the first place and is not usable at all. It needs a minimum of 8hp with a Keene P350 pump for that powerjet. I thought that I saw the riffles for the top but being it wasn't stated, I wasn't sure. Using God hog in the underflow is overkill. I don't think that there will be enough water up in the front of the bottom section to move the material over that particular mat, so it will fill with material & the gold will move down the box. Either bare steel or rubber ribbed will work until the water gets moving as it starts flowing under the top box, then some vortex mat after will catch most of the gold followed by the gold hog. The farther down the water moves at an angle, the faster it goes & the gold hog needs a fast minimum flow but will work fine in the lower half of the undercurrent. Still it's over kill. I'm not trying to flame, I'm just stating the facts. If it's not complete and not usable, I don't personally want the next new guy who thinks he is buying a good dredge to buy this only to find out that it doesn't work & therefore it ruins his want to ever go out and find gold ever again because he just got raked through the coals and spent $1200.00 on something that doesn't work. I've been off the forums for a few months since my old hang out went down and I'm new to this forum but my ideal's haven't changed. So I am protecting the new guy, which is what I have done for over a decade as can be seen here. Buying a Used Gold Dredge - Tips
Then as far as building dredges, frames, floats etc, here's a link to my playlist on "How to build a Gold Dredge"
How To Build A Gold Dredge - YouTube

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh & I forgot to mention that using the 30 gallon drums will lift it too far out of the water to get suction with most any pump. Your looking at 12" of clearance for the box alone. Then there's the T80, is it already mounted to that motor or is it just sitting there because it can't be mounted to that trash pump the way it is? Honestly, I would just part it out separately.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread