My 70 AMX, 1 of 38

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Tank69 said:
wow that brings back memories,I owned a 1970 AMC Javelin SST 390 Hard Top Coupe Phil Donahue special limited edition.................awsome car.
The "Phil Donohue" edition was really rare. I think they only made 1, they also made a pink one called the "Oprah Winfrey Edition"..... Did you maybe mean Mark Donohue ? :laughing9: Sweet car for sure. I know this is an old post but if you're watching what makes it 1 of 38 ? I know the AMX cars are fairly rare but surely they made more than 38 in 1970. My ex wifes uncle had several 68-70 2 seaters back in the old days along with a basement full of NOS parts. I was always a Camaro & Chevelle guy and still have a 67 Camaro that's close to being finished. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
NHBandit said:
Tank69 said:
wow that brings back memories,I owned a 1970 AMC Javelin SST 390 Hard Top Coupe Phil Donahue special limited edition.................awsome car.
The "Phil Donohue" edition was really rare. I think they only made 1, they also made a pink one called the "Oprah Winfrey Edition"..... Did you maybe mean Mark Donohue ? :laughing9: Sweet car for sure. I know this is an old post but if you're watching what makes it 1 of 38 ? I know the AMX cars are fairly rare but surely they made more than 38 in 1970. My ex wifes uncle had several 68-70 2 seaters back in the old days along with a basement full of NOS parts. I was always a Camaro & Chevelle guy and still have a 67 Camaro that's close to being finished. :thumbsup:
Is it Donohue, or is it Donahue.
AMC built a few over 4,000 amx 2-seaters for 1970. My car is 1 of 38 cars built with the exact same options, (red on red, 4-spd, 360, disc brakes, ram-air, go-pak, etc.) Thanks for inquiring, NHB.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread