My album pictures are Way to big when I click on them.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zoomed to the Max.

I posted in another album a month ago & with 1 click they zoom larger but not as much as these latest ones.

I just posted one on a thread & I can zoom in & out normally.

Is it an album thing?

Or do I need to set my 'Camera to Computer settings different'? or Computer to T-Net Different?
By Different I mean , is there a way to size my pictures?

I'm just learning all this ?

Can I fix this without Redoing a whole Album?

I looked at some other members albums & some had the same "large Size" issue I am having & some did not.

I think you can see 'Dust Mites' in some of my recent pictures . lol

Any help will Help!
Thanks Davers:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmmmm???

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Davers - your actual pictures are gigantic! TN allows "gigantic" pictures (you can see the image sizes allowed when you select a picture for uploading). I captured one of your pictures and it was 3648x2736 which is almost a 8x10" picture. You said a previous "Album" was ok - I tried all three albums and they are the same (size). The Album Cover page is fine but when you click on an individual picture- it displays the entire picture which is BIG.

Now, I created a Test Album (Test Album - it is open to public if you want to hit it) - I sized one of your pictures to a width of 1000 Pixels. I then loaded your picture - you can compare the display...

Now - the "zoom" function you are talking about works on a display within a thread but not the Album (at least for me).

Is that what you are talking about?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Davers - your actual pictures are gigantic! TN allows "gigantic" pictures (you can see the image sizes allowed when you select a picture for uploading). I captured one of your pictures and it was 3648x2736 which is almost a 8x10" picture. You said a previous "Album" was ok - I tried all three albums and they are the same (size). The Album Cover page is fine but when you click on an individual picture- it displays the entire picture which is BIG.

Now, I created a Test Album (Test Album - it is open to public if you want to hit it) - I sized one of your pictures to a width of 1000 Pixels. I then loaded your picture - you can compare the display...

Now - the "zoom" function you are talking about works on a display within a thread but not the Album (at least for me).

Is that what you are talking about?

Yes this is exactly what I was speaking of 'Hence seeing "Dust Mites" when I clicked on them.

As for me thinking 'some were smaller' ; These were pictures that T-net had saved over the years & I moved them from T-net to & album. They seemed smaller to me , I could at-least see some of the relics. lol

I Noticed on one of my friends albums his were bigger as well but not as much 'IMO' He said he thought it was his camera.

Yes they do post Normal on the regular threads; that was cool in one of my pictures as I could zoom a mile down the road. but ? Could control it. lol

My you-tube / Face Book 'More computer skills wife ' could not fig this out either.

Don't get me wrong , i'm glad I was able to make an album ( a big technical success for me).

Tho I wanted users to be able to blow up on the Cyclorama Painting & see the detail & see the detail's in my nature & Bird pictures & maybe zoom & read the Historical Signs . As I said I'm am glad the covers are normal.:icon_thumleft:

When messing around ,I did see the ' Size Scale' of picture sizes but It was over my head .

Ill check out what you did with the picture & hope I can figure it out BYW Feel free to use my 'Gigantic ' pictures to Test with. As I stated , I looked at about 4 different albums & some jumped to one size & some jumped to huge 'like mine'.

I really appreciate your help on this , as it went 3-4 days with a reply .

If it's not fixable by T-net or more likely on my end , it's Cool 8-).
Thanks
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if you meant to show a picture or just what 1000 X 1000 would look like ?
1000 X 1000 would be manageable.

Again thanks for your help & ill work on this.
Davers

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if this will help, hope lots! If you have or can get Photoshop even the old versions you can load the pic & resize it adjust resolution and save it again. The save for web button is pretty much one click & done. Been doing this for a few years when peoples email won't allow bigger pic files or they get tired of waiting for them to load. Sometimes I think they're running 286s with a couple Kb of ram. I asked one guy if he was using a 2400 baud modem! Next time I heard from him he ragged me telling me it wasn't funny! Know why? He spent half a day looking up a 2400 baud modem, so he says.... Anyway try that and it should help you with a lot of stuff!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Noticed on one of my friends albums his were bigger as well but not as much 'IMO' He said he thought it was his camera...
metal_detector.gif
I would like to look at your friends Album - if you don't want to post it here - PM me with your friends username.

Don't know if you meant to show a picture or just what 1000 X 1000 would look like?...
metal_detector.gif
Was trying to show the amount of screen space it took on the Album display.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for trying to help, BTW ' alabama11' is my friends user name (don't think he will mind at all) , his pictures look bigger to me but not as big ? tho they could be the same size as mine. He did say that ' His were off his phone)' my pictures were taken with a camera est, to be around 6 years old.

Boogeyman , Ill bet yr solution would work, I'm just a late 'computer user' started typing / surfing in 2012. & Still only average 2-4 hours online each day. Still have a flip -phone as well. lol

I do recognize all the terms you used, the wife just said she "May" can fix the pictures on her lap-top & send them back 'But' that's a-lot of pictures.

Again ..not T-nets fault just me not ever learning this stuff.

Like I have told many " I need all voice activated stuff , like Iron Man does."

Ie, I speak ....take picture '001-010' , size to 1000 X 1000, and put on my T-net album...
Maybe in a few more years .

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea , I thought they were a tad smaller. But still BIG! lol
Thanks for your help.

Just strange to me that they post 'Normal in a regular Thread'.

Will figure it out ,thanks.
Davers

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...strange to me that they post 'Normal in a regular Thread'...
metal_detector.gif
Based on what I could find - the Gallery uses a different module (i.e., storage, directories, etc.) for building and maintaining images for a member while a thread only requires the ability plug a picture(s) into a thread and doesn't care who it belongs to. Anyway - I am still trying to figure out why my little Yorkie barks like crazy in the car! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Based on what I could find - the Gallery uses a different module (i.e., storage, directories, etc.) for building and maintaining images for a member while a thread only requires the ability plug a picture(s) into a thread and doesn't care who it belongs to. Anyway - I am still trying to figure out why my little Yorkie barks like crazy in the car! :laughing7:

Your Yourkie , may be hearing a constant sound or vibration that only it can hear coming from the car?
Or maybe it just hates to ride. ??? lol

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Yourkie , may be hearing a constant sound or vibration that only it can hear coming from the car? Or maybe it just hates to ride. ??? lol
metal_detector.gif
He does it in both cars - the twist is he ALWAYS runs out to the car and stands next to "his door" so we can pick him up and put him into his little seat (with harness). I did some research and others have the same problem. Just another one of life's mysteries!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread