My AT Pro Arrived This Morning & What Do You Know.....

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE GROUND IS FROZEN!!!!!! :BangHead:

Needless to say I was bound and determined to chisel out something and managed to retrieve 2 items, which included my 5th marble.

IMG_7796.jpg IMG_7797.jpg IMG_7798.jpg

The good news-- my yard is still full of prospects. I scanned the entire area and managed to get all sorts of signals for coins, gold and silver. Everything is buried at least 8 to 10 inches down and most of it was not detected by my beginner machine.

Considering the amount of things I've already found (pics below-- only a fraction of my collection), spring will reveal something BIG-- I hope!

IMG_7788.jpg
IMG_7789.jpg
IMG_7790.jpg IMG_7791.jpg IMG_7792.jpg IMG_7793.jpg IMG_7794.jpg IMG_7795.jpg

Upvote 16

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is frozen here now too just below ya,and I hate it!nice digs,good eye on the marble.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its wild the amount of targets that can be lost in a lawn over time :icon_thumleft:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frozen ground sucks! Only another couple months to go.

You will love your ATPro, I sure did when I got mine.

What is the little coin with all the stars on it, in the plastic case below the yellow jack knife?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is funny determined to chisel something out of the ground. I am the same way, I have an AT PRO awesome machine

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your ground will thaw before Northern Ohio's. You may have 3 to 4 weeks, compared to our early March thaw. I can sense your frustration about getting the new detector as soon as the ground froze. I believe you are going to have some great finds this spring. GL & HH

OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frozen ground sucks! Only another couple months to go.

You will love your ATPro, I sure did when I got mine.

What is the little coin with all the stars on it, in the plastic case below the yellow jack knife?

The coin looks fancy but it's says on the back "COIN METER TOKEN". There's an eagle on the front with a crest and 20 or 21 stars. I actually don't remember digging that piece and have never done any research on it.

OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your ground will thaw before Northern Ohio's. You may have 3 to 4 weeks, compared to our early March thaw. I can sense your frustration about getting the new detector as soon as the ground froze. I believe you are going to have some great finds this spring. GL & HH

Bad timing on my part-- the ground was perfect just 3 days ago. Last year I detected at night, in the snow and in the rain... of course it's helps that it's all just in my backyard but this machine is sure to give me pneumonia! I can't wait!!!

acm3

Jan 2, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and
Garrett pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Warrenton VA here. Plan to hit it one last time tomorrow before the snow. You found all that in your yard??? WOW....nice finds! I got my AT Pro about a week ago and love it - you will too.

OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warrenton VA here. Plan to hit it one last time tomorrow before the snow. You found all that in your yard??? WOW....nice finds! I got my AT Pro about a week ago and love it - you will too.

Hey ACM3, tomorrow should be at least 15 to 20 degrees warmer so I plan to do the same. Have you found anything in the week that you've had your AT Pro?

To answer your question, yes, all from my yard. Not to bore the others on the site who have heard it all b/4, but I'll explain. Our lot is huge by DC standards and we live in between Fort Bayard, Battery Kemble and Fort Gaines. My property backs up to a Civil War military road and there was some sort of building here in the 1850s. Items found primarily range from Civil War to 1940s. Loads of fun!

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with it, your gunna love it!

OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you keep nails?

Yep! Not all of them though.

If your talking about the nails in the picture, those are all 8" copper nails-- they're "purdy". I keep 85 to 90% of what I find mainly b/c my research of the land takes me only to around 1857. Until I get down to the National Archives or Library of Congress to find out what the building on this property was, I keep it. Just don't bring a magnet by my house... ; ) Believe me, if I were detecting in other areas, I would toss them.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always said that getting a detector when the ground is frozen is a mistake. At least it gives you something to learn over the winter. But, like you found out, it is soooooo frustrating not being able to dig!

There's a chance, if you have some woods nearby that you might still be able to dig for a while.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your new machine.

I got the same FDR token that I see in your picture! Post that marble in the "Marbles" part of the forum, they will ID it for you!

Good luck to you!

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Must be an old place, or there was a building on the site in the olden days. I have checked relative's yards before, and came up with a memorial cent or two.
You have a great place to hunt, and you don't have to beg for permission. Thanks for sharing.
Phil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread