My AT Pro Arrived This Morning & What Do You Know.....

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE GROUND IS FROZEN!!!!!! :BangHead:

Needless to say I was bound and determined to chisel out something and managed to retrieve 2 items, which included my 5th marble.

IMG_7796.jpg IMG_7797.jpg IMG_7798.jpg

The good news-- my yard is still full of prospects. I scanned the entire area and managed to get all sorts of signals for coins, gold and silver. Everything is buried at least 8 to 10 inches down and most of it was not detected by my beginner machine.

Considering the amount of things I've already found (pics below-- only a fraction of my collection), spring will reveal something BIG-- I hope!

IMG_7788.jpg
IMG_7789.jpg
IMG_7790.jpg IMG_7791.jpg IMG_7792.jpg IMG_7793.jpg IMG_7794.jpg IMG_7795.jpg

Upvote 16

AmishAbe

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2016
Mt. Sinai NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE GROUND IS FROZEN!!!!!! :BangHead:

Needless to say I was bound and determined to chisel out something and managed to retrieve 2 items, which included my 5th marble.

View attachment 1262501 View attachment 1262502 View attachment 1262503

The good news-- my yard is still full of prospects. I scanned the entire area and managed to get all sorts of signals for coins, gold and silver. Everything is buried at least 8 to 10 inches down and most of it was not detected by my beginner machine.

Considering the amount of things I've already found (pics below-- only a fraction of my collection), spring will reveal something BIG-- I hope!

View attachment 1262506
View attachment 1262507
View attachment 1262508 View attachment 1262509 View attachment 1262510 View attachment 1262511 View attachment 1262512 View attachment 1262513

Good luck with the AT Pro, I've had mine for 3 years and love it

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a great yard! Let me know if you need help... I live in Bowie. ;)

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ACM3, tomorrow should be at least 15 to 20 degrees warmer so I plan to do the same. Have you found anything in the week that you've had your AT Pro?

To answer your question, yes, all from my yard. Not to bore the others on the site who have heard it all b/4, but I'll explain. Our lot is huge by DC standards and we live in between Fort Bayard, Battery Kemble and Fort Gaines. My property backs up to a Civil War military road and there was some sort of building here in the 1850s. Items found primarily range from Civil War to 1940s. Loads of fun!

I used to live on MacArthur Blvd so I have some idea where you are. Since I no longer live up there as of 14 months ago, private-message me and I'll tell you about my secret spot off MacArthur just over the Maryland border. I found stuff from a 1732 KG halfpenny up to early 20th Century stuff. A great site and I miss it!

OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new machine.

I got the same FDR token that I see in your picture! Post that marble in the "Marbles" part of the forum, they will ID it for you!

Good luck to you!

That's so cool. The bronze FDR coin was one of my first finds. Do you know if yours is one a first or second run? I believe there were only two runs made and only a total of 3,000 of them. : )

OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a great yard! Let me know if you need help... I live in Bowie. ;)

Hey, if you know what you're doing, I'm happy to host a yard hunt. I could definitely use the help of someone who's been doing this longer than I have. And bonus points if you've read your metal detector manuals. I can't seem to get through them. ; )

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
well , there's always air-test, air-test ,air-test OR you could build a test garden in the living room ....prolly not wife approved but just sayin ....:laughing7:

acm3

Jan 2, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and
Garrett pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DCMetal - You live in a honey pot then! Nice. Yes...i have found something cool the 3 times I have taken it out. Check out my posts. Found 2 items yesterday that I am told are Revolutionary period and it is a place I have hit before with my Bounty Hunter. TONS of signals and great feedback from the machine so I know what to dig. I love my AT Pro. I do notice the battery life is shorter though (but no big deal).

OP
OP
D

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well , there's always air-test, air-test ,air-test OR you could build a test garden in the living room ....prolly not wife approved but just sayin ....:laughing7:
I am the "wife" :bunny: Female digger here. ; )

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel you man. My XP Deus showed up the other day and we're about to get 2ft plus of snow. Grounds hard as a rock. Booooo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread