watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My barber in the north Chicago suburbs gave me these artifacts back in 1961 when I was eleven years old. Unfortunately, I can't recall him giving me any verbal or written information about, or where these may have originated. I (who knows nothing), can only speculate on point of origin thru books I have checked out from the library but, they have been only marginally helpful. If any of these artifacts sparks your interest, I would be grateful for your comments.

Many thanks.
watercolor

Barb-1.jpg
Barb-2.jpg
Barb-3.jpg

Upvote 0

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
WOW - awesome collection. I know there are others on this forum that can comment on the quality of the pieces, but it looks like a great collection to me!

Joe

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks schlooppy for your concern. . . just after I got these, my father re-mounted them (as they are seen here) with nylon fishing line. As one of my summer projects, I would like to photograph these individually and then build a new hardwood display using some type of soft padded material as the background.

I appreciate your comments,
watercolor

A

Atlantis0077

Excellent collection.

I normally cant even get a close shave from my barber...let alone something that grand. Your nylon line would less likely harm your relics though if they aren't moved much the wire, since it was already on them, probably wouldn't do much more damage....the worst thing you can do is glue them to a board. Many people use superglue or epoxy glue to put them on plywood or plexiglas. It is very difficult to prise them off without breaking them after they are glued, so steer clear from that.

Again, you have a very nice and valuable collection. It has a broad spectrum of time periods and types of artifacts. Very probably a life's collection. Something to keep and treasure.

Atlantis

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Looks like he collected from several places. Take the top frame for instance. Several of those pieces are from over east. I recognize hornstone, dover (and other Ft Payne), and some types from the midwest, Thebes, Hopewell pieces, North, one appears lil bear creek, etc. etc. Some of them come from further southeast it appears. The Bone harpoons came from the Northwest. The middle frame is a mixed bag with alot of quartzite (alot looks like piedmont materials and types). The bottom frame is western (around OR or UT?). I absolutely love some of those artifacts in the bottom frame.

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Wow! Nice collection. Maybe I need to talk to my barber!

I received about 150 atifacts from a lady that I worked with one year. Her father had picked them up while farming. He had passed away and she was about to throw out the "rocks" that he had saved up. I asked her to bring them to me rather than throw them out. I didn't know what she had. She brought them to me and I was pleasantly surprised! There was a drilled pendant, several celts, blades and points. I was in heaven!

bedwards

Dec 6, 2006
All I ever got from my barber was a cut ear and a piece of juicy fruit. That is an awesome collection thank you for sharing.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You done good,

Awesome Collection, from different locations,

Fossis.................

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
WOW That stuff is incredible! I really like the harpoons. Must have been a really cool barber. Thanks for the show. ;D

colin

Silver Phoenix

Feb 22, 2007
Houston, TX USA
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet!
;D Nice little northern collection you have there--very wide range of time periods and artifacts.

I suggest getting some riker display frames for those-- www.geocities.com/thetexasaca/org clicky the ad on there ;D

Very nice bone harpoons too, I suggest preserving those in an acetone/duco glue solution if they haven't been already.

8) ~chupa~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread