points and scraper

bedwards

Dec 6, 2006
Here are some new points that I have found since my last post. The scraper I found about 18 years ago. I found it whole but I dropped it on the floor a couple of years ago and broke it. Anyone have any ideas about the scraper.
march0407013.jpg

Upvote 0

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Cool, that red point on the left is a heart breaker... man. Other's are pretty decent though, and that long piece I believe is a crude knife rather than a scraper, the edges are too rough/irregular to be effective as a scraper, just my two cents. thanks for posting

texasriverdigger

Mar 10, 2007
Freeport Texas
Nice finds... I dropped a piece along time ago to.. I don't take it out and l don't look at it much, I still get a sick to my stomach feeling when I do..I have learned to put my pad down when I do handle or look at my artifacts or fossils, because I don't like that feeling......... Thanks for sharing them... Mike

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
First off nice finds. That red one would have been wonderful.

My father had a nice little Thebes point he found when he was a teenager. Well when I was about 8 I was trying to get it out of the cabinet to look at it.. and yep... it fell to the ground and broke. I felt so horrible.

xstevenx

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have all done it i'me sure,
I once sat down on a tissue wrapped bird point, not good!!!

(in my back pocket)
Heard of a guy who closed a drawer on a pottery vase neck, &
broke it.
Fossis.....................

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Although I haven't broken one(YET),I was showing a friend that big point with the fossil inclusion that I posted(we were on the beach) and he dropped it on he stones from chest hieght and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Luckily it was ok. lesson learned!

beautiful stuff, thanks

colin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread