OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i may jump in here... i notice with the one i made that you have to make sure the pump is primed with water for it to work right. i dont want you to think im calling you dumb but i was having the same problem and when i figured it out i was like "DUH"
Exactly what do you mean by "priming" the pump with water? If you mean soaking the leather cups in water before hand , yes i have done that both times..Dont worry about it..Im pretty sure I'm not "dumb"...maybe in-experienced at gold prospecting but dumb I am not I assure you. :)
It's not about positioning the bucket lower, it's about holding the pump itself with the handle end lower...less vertical you might say.does that make sense?
Got it, Ill try that next time. Thanks for the help Kevin!

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
to prime the pump pull the plunger out and fill the tube with water ther put the plunger back in... my homemade one only has an exit tube that i tie in a bucket and i also make sure my material bucket has water in it also so when i pull the plunger it draw air from my exit bucket. i hope that makes sence

dvdtharaldson

Sep 19, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mytimetoshine,
Did you get the bgt with the larger or smaller grizzlies? With the thicker or thinner plastic? Does anybody thinks it makes a difference with regards to catching fines. I noticed that the thinner grizzlies are a little closer together and was wondering if a slightly smaller particle size in the trap really matters (prospector series)?

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go big add mesh cloth to suit your gravel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread