Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to work for a couple hours and then picked up my Dad to head to a 70th reunion luncheon for Poly grads(his high school class from the '40s).
Had a great time with these men who are all a generation ahead of me.

Got my Dad back and visited with him and my Mom for awhile. Left about 4 and headed up the road from Parkville to Belair for a few hour hunt.

Started out with a clad quarter and then moved into the woods only to get a solid 85 signal. That '85' was a 3-inch deep 1964 quarter. A little further into the wood I dug a 1918 dog tag, then a shotgun shell. Poked around the wood not finding much more and then exited back on the grassy area where it wasn't long 'til I dug a high sixties signal, a flat button. Not much longer after that, but on leaving and swinging my way back to the truck, I dug another flat button. It wasn't until I got home and cleaned the buttons that I found the first one had a distinct backmark. Turns out it is an Andrew Jackson Inaugural button, stating "Andrew Jackson March 4 1829". This is my first presidential anything find!

After a hunt like this I'm not inclined to head back to Baltimore City anytime soon.

Finds.jpg

Upvote 14
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jer! It was an amazing hunt. Just 2.5 hours.

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thx VMI digger. You can imagine my surprise when I found that detail!
P.S. This summer we visited Lexington, VA again and went through the museum below the Jackson Chapel. Excellent displays and the section on Jackson has many personal effects.

Rah VA Mil! Lexington is a beautiful place, especially in the fall

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Great short Hunt Indeed.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the button! congrats.