my best day crh

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Got off work early today and stopped at a bunch of banks on my way home. Every bank had cwr. I got a total of 27 rolls. Ended up with (4) 1965 (3) 1966 (5) 1967
(8) 1968 (1) 1969 and my very first walking lady 1941.
The best roll had 7 in it. My best roll previously had 2 in it.
This is fun.

ForumRunner_20140605_193459.png

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a great day. And even better u found all that from just 27 rolls. And congrats on finding your first Walker too! :)

H$H!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice scores!! Its rare to find CWR around here anymore..

HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great... halves have been terrible for me lately. this gives me some hope.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes dumping and even the search itself can become a bit of a chore, but finding silver never gets old. Good finds. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I'm finding out its all in the timing. So many times I get " I just gave them all to someone earlier today"
14 of them came from 3 rolls from one of the banks.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I'm finding out its all in the timing. So many times I get " I just gave them all to someone earlier today"
14 of them came from 3 rolls from one of the banks.

Down here there is "some older fellow" who races around ahead of me to all the banks that I go to who "just bought all the halves" that the Teller had. I just keep trying to figure out how to get there before him but, I can't. He's too fast.

Nice score on the halves, hope it keeps up for you. GL and HH

Last edited:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down here there is "some older fellow" who races around ahead of me to all the banks that I go to who "just bought all the halves" that the Teller had. I just keep trying to figure out how to get there before him but, I can't. He's too fast.

That same "old fella" hits all my banks before me as well
LOL

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, this guy is everywhere.

images

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Your find made me smile and I'm sure you smiled too. Finding anything is good and a small pile like that is GREAT!! Keep hunting and thanks for posting.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Your find made me smile and I'm sure you smiled too. Finding anything is good and a small pile like that is GREAT!! Keep hunting and thanks for posting.

With it being our first big score it sure did put a smile on both mine and my sons face.
It made me think about when I was a kid in the mid 60's I grew up in a sort of small town. We would ride our bikes down to the shopping center with our list of what coins we needed for our Whitman books. The five & dime, pharmacy, pet store, music store etc.. would all let us go through there cash registers searching for the ones we needed. I can still remember finding those coins that I never thought I would find. I can't imagine any store letting a kid do that today. Wish I still had those old Whitman books.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Minky; if you missed that other guy by just a few hours etc., try reversing your bank route. Make the last bank, to now the first bank. Maybe you can beat him at his own game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread