My Best Reject Tray Find - 7 silver quarters!

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
My Best Reject Tray Finds - Hunt Log

Saturday I was dumping some dimes at TD Bank, and I decided to be nice & drop off 1/2 at one, 1/2 at another, so I wouldn't fill the bag. Well, I was very happy I stopped at Bank #2.

When I got the machine going, I heard some coins spin around, and then some large clunk-clunk-clunk drop into the reject tray. So I think, maybe some big foreign coins, etc. I happily pull 6 silver quarters out with a few of my dimes in the tray! Whoa! I stuck my finger into the tube and pulled out one more!

7 silver quarters! What beats silver at face value? Free Silver! Silver quarters are awesome because they are "rare" imo. Wife took the bank run trip with me and even she was impressed!

I will post a photo/dates/mint marks when I get home later! - Happy hunting, Jonathan

silver quarters.jpg

UPDATE: My Second (Best) TD Bank find
Same TD Bank today, saw the coin bag blocking the reject tube. When I filled the bags, I positioned myself to get the tube contents. I saw a couple silver rosies in the machine near the tube. Grabbed all the change in/around tube with permission. Got 7 silver rosies today! Boo-yaa! Will post silver dimes & repost silver quarters tonight at home! Also scored at an estate sale on the way to work this morning, check out the post here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...r-need-help-sterling-silver-thimble-10-a.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Even if they werent over $35 in silver what ******* goes to a coinstar and leave a buck 75 in the reject tray even if they were clads. :dontknow:

Some people don't know there is a reject slot, or think the coins are fake because they were rejected.

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Finds 8/21/12 - stopped at the same bank. Found 1 silver quarter, 2 silver dimes. I like going to this bank! - Jonathan

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can't believe your luck, way to go!!! the coin machines around me take silver all the time, the machine will take old, worn silver roosies, mercs, and barbers, but loves to spit out my clad 2012 dimes, what's up with that?!?! ha.
hh
buff

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
i can't believe your luck, way to go!!! the coin machines around me take silver all the time, the machine will take old, worn silver roosies, mercs, and barbers, but loves to spit out my clad 2012 dimes, what's up with that?!?! ha.
hh
buff

It's programmed to annoy CRHers.:tongue3:

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Got two quarters and 3 dimes from the reject tray and a nice teller saved two quarters for me to buy at face. Good morning on my way to work.

ForumRunner_20130529_083041.png

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I once bought a 1935d quarter at face, from the teller. She already had the tray out, and I saw that silver edge, I could not leave it there.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinman 123 , I am just curious as to how you even found a TWO YEAR OLD POST ? please don't take offense -( I only capped because
I don't understand how you interact with a several years old post ??????)

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinman 123 , I am just curious as to how you even found a TWO YEAR OLD POST ? please don't take offense -( I only capped because
I don't understand how you interact with a several years old post ??????)

Maybe he is far to addicted to metal detecting. He just dug thru posts out of instinct

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While were at it last week I found 10 steel Pennies 1 1942 Nickel & 1 1951 nickel (no War time Nickels tho).
I would like to see what the machine accepted .
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread