my best silver day in a VERY long time ....

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok - so here's the story - i've gone to decent size farm now easily 15 times now and have found NOTHING - it's one of those places that you know there are coins there - everything is just right for it 150+ years old, it has a little store that's been around for 80 years, old historic farm house - lots of grass and old trees ... but again i hadn't found anything at all except a few wheats here and there from the 50's

so i go back again sunday morning for about 1-1/2 hours and hunt the few spots that i hadn't covered yet ... and BAM, within a 10ft area by a big tree in the front yard i pulled 8 silver coins, a dateless buffalo and a bunch of wheats - man was i happy !!!!

goes to show ya, ya just never know !

thanks for looking

vp

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 890
Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Thats a super pile of silver....nice....
You allways hafta have Patience and a little luck.
Great job bud....

Keep diggin'...

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
All i can say, is WoW!! nice finds..For me every old tree. i wanna search seems as if .,they are allways loaded with poison Ivy!! :-\.I also am hunting a 1800's spot .the house was tore down in the 70''s ..Havent found anything yet....all but new change...there are about 5 old trees but no good signals..But for some reason i always end up back there!! ''Never know'' today might just be the day!! get swingin....

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey thanks everyone for the great posts !

it was a little frustrating going home time after time with very little to show, especially when it was such a prime spot - it was definately one of those days you remember for a long time though

i used my SE's stock coil on every trip - but my replacement 16.5" excellerator coil just came from kellyco today, so i can't wait to get back to the site and see what's down deep !!!!

take care !

vp

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
A lot of private home site I hunt the "goods" come from one primary area. Some sites have a couple hot spots but it's sweet when you find that hot spot.

Very sweet on the finds!

Bob

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice bunch of silver and sounds like a good spot. Now find the odd places around the farm and hit another bunch.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Good for you man for having so much persistence. That's what it takes alot of the time. You cover very little but may feel you covered a ton.

There may be a few more nooks here and there around that place.

HH Jer

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow, congrats on the silverload!! That's a nice haul.
Best of luck on return, there's got to be more there.
Cover that area sweeping from at least 3 different directions.
Good luck! Thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions