rhinsb

Greenie
Oct 25, 2014
Santa Barbara
Detector(s) used
Goldbug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, my Bazooka finally shipped! My son wanted to head out to the Kern with our
AM sluice, but I told him we will have to wait for the BGT to get here so we can make
the trip (gas!) worth while. The AM works great, but with 2 guys its too slow for the amount
of production we need. I already picked up some tubing (and a cutoff saw, don't tell my wife!)lol
so I can make a stand for the BGT and the AM. It was hard finding a place to setup the
AM on the Kern so I think a stand will really help. In September we will head up to PI PI
again hopefully before the rains, and really give the new sluice a test. There's a GPAA
claim close by so we may try that too. My son and I have only been prospecting for
less than two years but it has really been a great way to reinforce the father /son bond.
Except when he critiques my driving on that twisty stretch of road along the Kern!:thumbsup:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to have another join the Bazooka Users Club. That way you are not BUCking the trend. :) Hope the first trial of it goes extremely well.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to have another join the Bazooka Users Club. That way you are not BUCking the trend. :) Hope the first trial of it goes extremely well.

OP
OP
R

rhinsb

Greenie
Oct 25, 2014
Santa Barbara
Detector(s) used
Goldbug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Dave, We're really looking forward to it. My son and I are trying to get enough gold together
to make my wife a little cross for a birthday present. Hopefully before she's too much older!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the BGT, you will love it. It's funny I have a BGT and an AM also. Good to hear about you and your son, that's awesome! Free labor..hehe. No seriously enjoy! "It's not about having the gold it's about finding the gold"

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the BGT, you will love it. It's funny I have a BGT and an AM also. Good to hear about you and your son, that's awesome! Free labor..hehe. No seriously enjoy! "It's not about having the gold it's about finding the gold"

I love the Robert W Service quote; of course KevinInColorado uses that quote in reverse. Me, I'm sorta in the middle; I like the pursuit of gold; I love the thrill of peeling back the black sand in the pan to see the gleaming gold, but in the end, I want to hold some gold in my hand. :)

OP
OP
R

rhinsb

Greenie
Oct 25, 2014
Santa Barbara
Detector(s) used
Goldbug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"but in the end, I want to hold some gold in my hand." I agree, that's probably the main reason we go prospecting. There's also
the hours of driving with my son telling stories, fighting over music,(sorry no hiphop!" and finding the most scenic route to
a spot we've been to a million times.Maybe it's seeing snow in early May lining the long road down to PIPI . Something we don't see
in Santa Barbara that often! Or stopping at the little tavern off the 88 at the top of the mountain with the little cabins in back that
haven't seen people in years while the owner spends his time watching old Family Feud episodes. Maybe meeting an old timer who's
Dad used to bring him camping to our campground back in the forties and is so excited seeing us get a little gold that he runs down
to Pinegrove and picks up a Keene sluice so he can show the grand kids how its done! Or walking out at night in a meadow that was
an Indian summer camp and wondering how could there be so many more big beautiful stars in the sky there than at home.
There's all kinds of gold if you look for it.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread