MY BIGGEST FIND EVER!!! on the Chicago Gold Coast Lake Michigan Beach.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as Pooh Bear would say it was a Blustery Winter Day at Lake Michigan today. FYI...The tall building in the background to the right of the picture is the John Hancock building in Chicago.

Chicago 4-7-07 Panoramic View.jpg

Lake Michigan Chicago 4-7-07 Panoramic View.jpg

I hunted anyway and I could not believe all the screws I was finding.

Hunting a beach is sure different, but very fun and easy if you have a sand scoop sifter.
I hunted for 5 hours and paid parking $11.00. It was worth it though.

Well anyway on with the story... I got a real faint signal and I thought what the heck just dig it anyhow and see what it is, because some of my quarter and dime tones sounded faint and I dug them any way. I get down to 12", the signal is still in the hole then at about a 1-1/2' I hit metal. I thought this must be something to turn on the water or something like that, because it was big and round and to my surprise after digging around and wiping away the sand it turns out to be a 50lb Sports Authority weight for a weight bench, then about 4' furhter I find a 5lb weight. I also found some other things if you would like to read on after the pictures.

50lb Weight Sports Authority.jpg

5 LB Weight.jpg

I also managed to recover these items as well:
* 7-Quarters
* 7-Dimes
* 4-Nickles
* 16-Pennies
* 1-9MM Shell Casing
* 1-Butterfly Pendant (Not real silver)
* 1-Childs bracelot. ( I think it may be made of bronze or some other metalic substance)
* Bunch of crap@#$%# Sorry I don't really cuss, it's just fun to put those symbols up.

Finds 4-7-07 Chicago Gold Coast.JPG

Child Bracelot Butterfly Necklace.JPG

I also dug down just shy 1'' from being a 2' foot deep hole to discover some kind of metal grate. I figured I already found one big object and that was enough for me. Didn't want to haul another big object home.

Underground Grate.jpg

All in all it was a very fun and rewarding day.

Thanks for looking and enjoy.

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, now that you have that weighted down wallet, get back out their and find some more goodies. Won't be long, those beaches will be packed with lots of folks with gold on their fingers. You know the ones, they have to wear all the gold they have to the beach.

Wish I could get back up to Chicago and do some hunting, maybe I can get the wife out of Ohio and head up your way sometime this summer.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread