Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got out for a 4 day hunt with the Iron Bros. and my first hunts of the year. The weather was on average 3 degrees C and windy. It actually snowed on our last day....
I'll skip the other details of the hunt as IP went thru them already...
My first target was a 1700's french cross and then the detecting gods pulled a fast one on me with this good luck medal...well the medal is over 100 years old and seemed to be out of place at the colonial sites, the same medal was posted last year on this forum.
Group finds include musketballs, buckles, thimbles, flint, pipe stems, a load of buttons, crotal bell, 22 copper coins from Geo II to 1816... I did manage a silver everyday of the hunt however they were only from 1880 to 1904...
The (British Navy Officer button Circa. 1787-1795) made my day and thought that was my only military of the hunt, however when cleaning up a pewter button that was found on the last day, I noticed a crown and the detail is bad, but I believe it is a RP button (Royal Provincals).

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,277
  • luck.jpg
    luck.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 1816.jpg
    1816.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,258
  • Anchor.jpg
    Anchor.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,380
Upvote 0

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
All of you pulled so many copper coins.... How many combined for all three of you guys?
Are there any left :tongue3:

I was waiting to see your post from reading the others. The Canadian crew is sure living up to the hype :headbang:

VPR

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
All of you pulled so many copper coins.... How many combined for all three of you guys?
Are there any left :tongue3:

I was waiting to see your post from reading the others. The Canadian crew is sure living up to the hype :headbang:

VPR

Yeah we sure pulled out a lot of coppers this time out... the count should be close to 60 in all....

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great historic finds :icon_thumleft: you guys really scored on those coppers and buttons Good hunt Dd60

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got your share Patriot! Nice digs. :thumbsup:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see the finds coming to you guys in bunches like that, winter is too long in your area, (and here too).

Don

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
we sure did have some great hunts/sites this time around and you did as well as could be expected, although you didn't score the great silvers this time you still had some awesome finds!

your button is really nice too, I'm still looking for one of those myself, and now I know where one might show up, thanks for showing me!

see you in the fall for another round in D'ville!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely got the nice Navy of the two and isn't that how we planned it? ;D Or just how we wanted it. :tongue3: Sure it would be great if it was loaded with gilt but I love it that way too!

I'm already looking forward to the Fall to do some serious scouting. I know there's many great old sites left to dig! :thumbsup:

PS... You can probably scrape a lot of the remaining dirt out using a fine toothpick and going fairly lightly. It does look very good as is though. Some good ole S&E dirt! :D

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You guys pulled in many Colonial earlies! A 10-day hunt in the Fall with IP? :dontknow: You guys are going to get your arses fired from work. :laughing9:

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
You guys pulled in many Colonial earlies! A 10-day hunt in the Fall with IP? :dontknow: You guys are going to get your arses fired from work. :laughing9:

;D hmmmmmm that would mean a lot more than just 10 days...... :dontknow: what to do :sign13:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
man, those pics look better than my year totals, and i thought i was doing pretty good.
i'd take losing a job for ten days of that kind of hunting!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good trip! I need to find us a good site to get onto!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 Things.....

You owe us a hunt, and forgot to clean my extra coil. ;D

Attachments

• 2_things.jpg
    2_things.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 738

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreeHunter said:
Looks like you all found some sort of small settlement or something! Those finds Really make my mouth water! ROCKIN Hunt Guys :headbang: Jerry.

This hunt happened a while back and was several sites over 3 days. A couple we hunted previously, and a few new ones we found. No one place gave us a ton, but we didn't stop looking for a hot spot the entire time and it all worked out in the end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread