CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 4-17-10 Sat .mourning , I decided to give the farm field a break ,this weekend .The wildlife , pesky ground hog , killer ,red tailed hawk ,the turkeys doing their mummer strut,down Broad St. , antlerless ,white tails , the Canadian goose ,and other critters are tired of being spooked . Went back to the Yank camp Sat and just finished 6:00 PM Sun 4-18 -10.. Some of U may remember ,been there a # of times .Also , there were NO Civil War battles in NJ . The place is growing up fast , spring .. has changed the vegetation to a jungle like experience. Still clearing out the open spaces, found a fire and a deep trash pit ..previously. Sifter on site and some items were found by screening .This weekend the camp started to seem more military than civilian , like the past searches . . Besides the usual horse tack piece ,iron buckles , bits ,,shoes and wagon parts .out of the iron came Two eagle buttons ,a cuff in sorry shape and a nice Infantry coat button .Both Scovills . Cool Within a half hour , Model 1853 Enfield , brass butt plate " two blade notches on the side of the plate " :icon_scratch: and trigger guard . Searched for the rest of the rifle but it was not to be found . Nearby where some lead musketballs and a .69 . Poncho rivets , some flat buttons . Then a silver Shocked 1853 Arrow and rays quarter ..next was another mini ball an a undated worn copper ,Draped Bust ,1863 IH ,and a old gold plated ring ,minus the stone . Still searching for a NJ button .The biggest find of the hunt happened this afternoon .I was ready to bag it and my bug spray was empty .The CZ sung a silver tone , deep the more I dug the louder & larger it sounded through the headphones !! Over 8 inches and still down there .Digging a clump an tossing it aside the signal vanished . Glanced around over the mound of dirt and there she was , big seated ,all tarnished and worn , 1847 Silver dollar !!! :headbang: Did the "Curly Shuffle" tripped over shovel and almost fell , eyeballing the ol coin ,in awe . 8) 8) The 1807 Gold patina LC, 1802 ,flattened rim ,Draped bust LC " found today" and the 1848 LC , I found earlier Sat .seemed to be meager in comparison to the" big Seated" . Still more lead finds ,an old Eagle flag pole top ..have a good feeling , there are more . Today's Finds. I hope U all get some nice oldies . Total coins : 1807 ,1802 ,1848 , a no date,Draped Bust , a no date Matron Head large cent .1853 Seated quarter & 1847 Seated Dollar "above average condition for silvers, in SJ soil" , dug , un circulated is un heard of here , One 1863 Indian Head penny . HH :thumbsup: Thanks for checking in . :icon_pirat: CMDawg

Attachments

• 100_1740.jpg
    100_1740.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,102
  • 100_1432.jpg
    100_1432.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,094
  • 100_1428.jpg
    100_1428.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,088
  • 100_1744.jpg
    100_1744.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,094
  • Yank relics.jpg
    Yank relics.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,071
  • 100_1698.jpg
    100_1698.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,073
  • 100_1685.jpg
    100_1685.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,089
  • 100_1741.jpg
    100_1741.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 2,081
  • 100_1431.jpg
    100_1431.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 2,090
  • 100_1716.jpg
    100_1716.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,052
  • 100_1705.jpg
    100_1705.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,021
  • 100_1723.jpg
    100_1723.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,068
Upvote 0

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Re: Yank Camp ..Hi-oh Silver.. Who was that masked man ?

That was awesome hunt, Congrats on all the great finds!

Bubba65

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

wow looks like a good spot. Congrats on the seated dollar

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy smokes dude, a seated DOLLAR. That's so sweet. Don't think I've ever seen one of those found before. Man what a nice bunch of finds from that site. Congrats CMDawg!

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Re: Yank Camp ..Hi-oh Silver.. $

1847 silver dollar in vg 8 is $200, man thats nice, great job

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like you hit the jackpot at that site :icon_thumleft: some really good finds Good hunt that 1847 dollar is a rare find Dd60

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a day! Great digs. That seated dollar is a rare find for anyone. :thumbsup:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You find some really awesome stuff! That Seated 1847 is stunning. Wow!

U

umrgolf

Nice work snoop-dawg, the only thing better than a seated dollar is 2 seated dollars.. ::) :o i take back what i said about u needing a partner, i think you found enough for two people and then some.. Nice spot you have there CMD

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one killer spot you have!!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

An Impressive site ! With some very Impressive Finds ! I do not ever recall in 3 years a seated silver dollar posted on T-net I have seen quite a few halfs but not seated DOLLARS ! Fantastic Relics as well !! Definitely a HAPPY DANCE HUNT !! MaineRelic

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Well Done CMD :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: And Very nice batch of finds you came away with! :headbang:
Take Care,
Pete :hello:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2000 said:
Nice work snoop-dawg, the only thing better than a seated dollar is 2 seated dollars.. ::) :o i take back what i said about u needing a partner, i think you found enough for two people and then some.. Nice spot you have there CMD
.. Thanks Jeff , How U doin' 8) I took your advice . Meet a new partner ..coin dog :icon_pirat:
geo4472 said:
Thanks geao4472 HH
timekiller said:
Very Well Done CMD :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: And Very nice batch of finds you came away with! :headbang:
Take Care,
Pete :hello:
Thanks Pete ...HH ,
MaineRelic said:
An Impressive site ! With some very Impressive Finds ! I do not ever recall in 3 years a seated silver dollar posted on T-net I have seen quite a few halfs but not seated DOLLARS ! Fantastic Relics as well !! Definitely a HAPPY DANCE HUNT !! MaineRelic
Hey Mainerelic Hope you find one ..A foist fer me 8) Excited about any silver ..esp . large ones 8) Thank You
birdman said:
That is one killer spot you have!!
Lucky to get these places ..the best ones are off limits .. Thanks birdman
mobile miner said:
Ya did good. Not many seated $s found. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
Thanks mobileminer I thought it was a washer ,then I saw the eagle :o

[/quote] :o
THE BPORTDIGGER said:
GREAT HUNTING, CONGRATS ON ALL THE LOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank U BPORTDIGGER some poor fellow lost a weeks wages
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
That has to be one of the best days i've seen in some time. Congratulations to you. :headbang:
Chris
Thanks Chris ..I remember a day where these guys in PA found 16 LC's ;D HH KKC
Sniffy said:
You find some really awesome stuff! That Seated 1847 is stunning. Wow!
Thanks Sniffy .. I wanted to clean it up , but it looks cool , tarnished .. has some nice color
Gator-Flea said:
That is some great finds............
Hey Gator Flea ,How U doin ? Thanks
mainer said:
What a day! Great digs. That seated dollar is a rare find for anyone. :thumbsup:
I thought U found a dozen of them ;D may it happen to U2 Thanks , mainer HH
Rickiowa2009 said:
Great finds, congratulations
Thanks for the comment Rick
Deepdiger60 said:
Looks like you hit the jackpot at that site :icon_thumleft: some really good finds Good hunt that 1847 dollar is a rare find Dd60
I have been digging alot a junk since Jan ..it is hit and miss ,good day ,bad day ..Last weekend was a good one . The weeds and bugs are taking over quickly ..Chigger ,ticks ,greenhead flies ,gnats ,wild roses with thorns that can rip flesh , blood sucking skeeters..Still havin a great haunt is worth all the bites ..Thanks ,Dd60 :icon_pirat: HH
wwace said:
1847 silver dollar in vg 8 is $200, man thats nice, great job
Thanks wwace 200 :o Finding a seated is it's value for me ..I would pay 100 to do it again. Thanks
KyFreeBird said:
:hello2: :hello2:

Great finds !!!!! Love that big seated !!!!!
Thanks,KFB I like the Arrow and Rays design 2 the rays are ,outstanding ..to bad the mint discontinued the design . HH ,CMD

Attachments

• diamonddawg.jpg
    diamonddawg.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 1,586

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread