My CRH International Coin Goal: Free trip to Europe/ Canada

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This idea just came to me the other day, and I am sure I am not the first person to think of this. A new CRH goal of mine is to pay for a trip to Canada and Europe (UK) with all the Canadian and Euros/Pounds I am finding in coin rolls, as well as in the reject trays of coin counters. This is going to take a long time, as I don't always find coins from these countries, but I think about a year from now, I will be able to afford the trip to Canada, and in two years maybe a trip to England with the Euros and Pounds. If anything, every coin I get is a discount for the vacation I will eventually take!

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool idea. We are planning a trip to Paris/London this summer with our kids and I am trying to find Euros/Pounds on the cheap at coin shows that we can spend there. Paying for a whole trip there w/finds would be awesome!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
and in two years maybe a trip to England with the Euros and Pounds. If anything, every coin I get is a discount for the vacation I will eventually take!

Go to Scotland. It is much more beautiful, especially Isle of Skye and Edinburgh.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great idea.. im no expert, but i don't think the UK accepts euros..
hh
buff

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This idea just came to me the other day, and I am sure I am not the first person to think of this. A new CRH goal of mine is to pay for a trip to Canada and Europe (UK) with all the Canadian and Euros/Pounds I am finding in coin rolls, as well as in the reject trays of coin counters. This is going to take a long time, as I don't always find coins from these countries, but I think about a year from now, I will be able to afford the trip to Canada, and in two years maybe a trip to England with the Euros and Pounds. If anything, every coin I get is a discount for the vacation I will eventually take!
I think you may be underestimating the cost of a trip to Europe. Maybe a decade and you'll have found enough to afford it.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may be underestimating the cost of a trip to Europe. Maybe a decade and you'll have found enough to afford it.

I think you may be underestimating me :icon_king:. In two years, we can look back on this and see. I have a year to find enough Canadian coinage to get the free trip to Canada, so let's see if I can get there by CRHing first.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may be underestimating me :icon_king:. In two years, we can look back on this and see. I have a year to find enough Canadian coinage to get the free trip to Canada, so let's see if I can get there by CRHing first.

:wave:I don't know where you are on the Eastern seaboard. I'm from downstate NY. In each of the past 2 years, I was able to accumlate some $450. each year in Canadian coins. My wife & I took a trip to Canada each year. They paid for several days of the trips but wasn't enough for the entire trips. Good luck with your goal but I think it will take you longer than 1 year to accumlate enough Canadian coins to pay for the trip. Also remember right now that the Canadian dollar is worth slightly more than the American dollar so it will cost you more to go there.

HH
Gary

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, $450 a year in Canadian coins? That is enough for me to take a nice 3 day trip up to Toronto, and doing it fairly cheap. I am perfectly fine with paying a few hundred extra if it came down to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions