monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the other creeks still have to much water and the fields have not been plowed yet, so I hit this one creek that after taking a friend there he named it The Creek From Hell. It is tough walking, crawling, sinking, falling and is very muddy. Creek from Hell 001.JPG Creek from Hell 002.JPG Creek from Hell 005.JPG I found a good bit of stuff of all kinds Creek from Hell 003.JPG Creek from Hell 004.JPG Creek from Hell 007.JPG Creek from Hell 008.JPG Creek from Hell 010.JPG Creek from Hell 011.JPG As you can see from the photos ,you had better be looking close. Creek from Hell 013.JPG A small drill I found Creek from Hell 015.JPG Creek from Hell 016.JPG Creek from Hell 018.JPG Found some prehistoric teeth, snail fossils and a piece of deer antler that is like rock, also found one of the coolest pieces of pottery, it has a imprint of their thumb. Creek from Hell 017.JPG I also found some more pottery Creek from Hell 020.JPG One thing I never find in any of my creeks are human foot prints :laughing7:

Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have great eyes to see their silhouette in that mud…nice in situ and even nicer finds

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your creek from hell is worth poking around in ...those are awesome finds and love all the shards. I was in my creek for a bit today and only found one little shard but that's ok cause one is better than none. Tomorrow sposed to be 66 and I'll be out there most the day moving sand around and sifting after I help my son with the cluster fluk of fallen trees and a huge stump that are right where the honey hole used to be lol I'm fortunate too that I don't ever see footprints in the creek I hunt and if I did well I would freak out and post signs all over the place since the spot I'm in is my property ;-)

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creek from hell my butt! You should call that "payday creek" or maybe "backpack creek" because you need one to carry off all the loot! Nice post congrats.!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal not much stays up for long in that mud. If its a rock good chance its an artifact, Looks muddy as well,ya know.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need me a creek like that.Minus four feet of snow.Those are awesome finds.I believe I like that thumb print the best....mjm

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are all real nice finds! Your creek from hell must run all the way over here to S.W. Georgia. I know of a place that looks very similar over here and it is slam full of water moccasins during the summer months.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds! Thank you for sharing.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep is the mud where the artifacts gather? Might just be my area but if I see a mud hole like that I go the other way. You did a good job saving those and you got some good ones, congrats

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the creeks on my property all run pure glacial til gravel....nothing!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye w/ all that mud! I imagine that leaves, shadows, light/shade all work against you in a spot like that. You did good:thumbsup:

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep is the mud where the artifacts gather? Might just be my area but if I see a mud hole like that I go the other way. You did a good job saving those and you got some good ones, congrats

Rock the mud is so deep that I have to be careful and not step off into what I call a sink hole. I have made the wrong step before and have sunk up to my belt line and that gets you freaked because you are alone. There is no pattern of where the artifacts gather, there is a large amount of silt in these creeks some time you find artifacts on top of the hard clay bottom, sometimes just laying on top of the silt with a layer of silt on them. I have to walk slow and look for the outline or part of it, I check a lot of clay balls and all types of wood and other things that look like something. This is some of the hardest artifact hunting around, that's why I don't have any foot prints in my creeks, because most people want go there.

GaRebel is right this creek fills up with snakes come summer time but that does not stop me, I just go extra slow then and look real good every where.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snakes. Thats what did in my last iPhone. Creek got deep on me and hugged the edge holding onto the bushes as I went and pulled a snake out of on me. I was in that water quick it ended up being deep as I looked up from the bottom and started swimming phone and all.
Have you ever run your hands and fingers down in the mud and found a gravel bottom on the harder clay? We used to do that by feel and find some. It will wear your fingers out but sure is fun.
Anyway you look at it you did good.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW monsterrack!!! Almost speechless...you sure did find some great "stuff".:icon_thumleft: At least the mud you had to go through didn't have "clay" in it (I hope)...that's really "double LL's" to go through! ;)

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monsterrack,
You have great success in your creeks! I remember some of your finds from last year (especially the one you pulled out of some kind of deep "clay hole"). I'm still learning how to search, although I'm convinced the creek I search is rich with artifacts. There was NA activity on both sides. Is it mostly just going/looking very slowly or somehow getting down deep in the creeks? My success rate is not high, but I find pottery sherds almost every time.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Monsterrack,
You have great success in your creeks! I remember some of your finds from last year (especially the one you pulled out of some kind of deep "clay hole"). I'm still learning how to search, although I'm convinced the creek I search is rich with artifacts. There was NA activity on both sides. Is it mostly just going/looking very slowly or somehow getting down deep in the creeks? My success rate is not high, but I find pottery sherds almost every time.

sounds like you are in the right place....where/how you looking?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds crazy but if the creek is muddy where ever I might be I carry a Tater rack while hunting. You can use the handle side to check the depth of the mud and if you happen to get stuck you can use the spike end to dig in the bank to pull yourself out if you can hit solid ground or reach a tree limb with it to grab hold of. Just be aware that the head might come lose one day like mine did. I almost fell back into the creek. Ive since super glued the head back on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread