My Deus & I Have Our Last Dance...Score Silver

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made a GREAT deal with Ed @ Treasure Mountain Metal Detectors Specializing All Brands and I will be packing up the Dues.

I have mixed feelings about getting rid of it but I speak English... the Deus French. We just don't understand each other well.

Anyway...Took it out one last time today and it (Deus) could sense it was being traded. It was scooping up coins unlike it ever had in the past. Mostly close to surface & nothing deep. It did score a '47 Nickel, Palmolive trade token & a sterling iron cross medal (Robbin Co).

I'll post pics later.

So the Deus is on the way out however I have no ill will nor anything negative to say in it's departure. We just don't communicate well together. (Seems I have that problem with women too...:laughing7:).

For all you guys doing great with your Deus machines, keep it up. I like hearing/seeing what you're pulling in. :icon_thumright:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made a GREAT deal with Ed @ Treasure Mountain Metal Detectors Specializing All Brands and I will be packing up the Dues.

I have mixed feelings about getting rid of it but I speak English... the Deus French. We just don't understand each other well.

Anyway...Took it out one last time today and it (Deus) could sense it was being traded. It was scooping up coins unlike it ever had in the past. Mostly close to surface & nothing deep. It did score a '47 Nickel, Palmolive trade token & a sterling iron cross medal (Robbin Co).

I'll post pics later.

So the Deus is on the way out however I have no ill will nor anything negative to say in it's departure. We just don't communicate well together. (Seems I have that problem with women too...:laughing7:).

For all you guys doing great with your Deus machines, keep it up. I like hearing/seeing what you're pulling in. :icon_thumright:
fella,I under stand completely! I had a friend hunting tonight at a local park,with his new ATP. I took mine along too. We both started out flipping coins in Pro Coins Mode. Once he got the hang of the tones we went to Pro Zero mode. He found coin after coin with it on his first time out with it! After helping him and showing him the different tricks,I started hunting with my ATP. It was like taking a walk with a old friend,smooth as silk,hitting coins constantly. I can see why the ATP has such a large following. It's easy to learn,easy to operate,and finds coins like crazy,really I don't know what more you could ask of a machine? There's nothing wrong with that!:thumbsup: The Deus is like a wild horse,that has to be broken. It takes a while before your minds meet,and things run together smoothly!:laughing7: The things I really like about the Deus are,it is extremely light,wireless,( I was feeling I was tied to the ATP tonight,not bad,but not as near nice as not being tied to it) by the head phones. Plus the Deus has a lot more features on it! I kinda look at it like a challenge.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dunno what happened to my other post on this thread. I posted pics of todays take. Maybe a mod can help locate the missing post.?

Yeah Ron, I'll miss the lightweight, wireless & its compactness for sure.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dunno what happened to my other post on this thread. I posted pics of todays take. Maybe a mod can help locate the missing post.?

Ya know,I seen a tube replacement kit by Anderson that replaces the metal tubing on the ATP with carbon fiber tubing,plus it's a straight tube,with a upright handel like a Mine Lab. Kinda pricey,but it is supposed to shed a lot of the ATP's weight! I might get her on a diet yet!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya know,I seen a tube replacement kit by Anderson that replaces the metal tubing on the ATP with carbon fiber tubing,plus it's a straight tube,with a upright handel like a Mine Lab. Kinda pricey,but it is supposed to shed a lot of the ATP's weight! I might get her on a diet yet!:laughing7:

Yeah I've seen that too. I might look into one in the future as well.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's a pity you're dropping off the deus. I guess it's really a lemon you've gotten there.
Luckily, there's always Ed who gives excellent service and value...

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a pity you're dropping off the deus. I guess it's really a lemon you've gotten there.
Luckily, there's always Ed who gives excellent service and value...

It's not so much that it's lemon. Everything seems to be working as it should now. More than anything it's about the audio tones. Although I could probably come to terms with em, I'd never be comfortable with em.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well right if u wanna have fun detecting u need something u like if ur forcing urself to like something ur right its just not gonna work hope u get one u like buddy

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nothing has been deleted, maybe you didnt hit post or it timed out, just know nothing has been deleted from this thread.........

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing has been deleted, maybe you didnt hit post or it timed out, just know nothing has been deleted from this thread.........

Odd!
I know I saw it. I may have been in preview though. I'll have to post em again!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,post it up!:thumbsup: We always like pictures!

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here ya go...

coins01.JPG nickel'47.JPG palmolive token 02.JPG palmolive token01.JPG sterling cross01.JPG sterling cross02.JPG

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup,she was trying to impress you as she was going out the door!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its workin im impressed lol

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions