OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TS wizbang said:
It appears the holes in the tubes are on each side at 3 and 6 on the clock. Thanks for the info this will be very helpfull as I will be building this thing as soon as I finish my drywasher prodject.

Actually the holes are at the 9 and the 3 as they go straight through the diameter of the tubes parallel to the trap floor.

GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Buddy, I am impressed. :thumbsup: Good Job. Now can we build one for a 25+yph washplant. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Buddy, I am impressed. :thumbsup: Good Job. Now can we build one for a 25+yph washplant. :laughing7:

Definitely! I wouldn't want to run a washplant that size (or any size) without one. :icon_thumleft:
Already started making plans for a commercial size model complete with bells and whistles.

GG~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG,
HAVE YOU HAD A CHANCE TO TRY OUT THE TURBO STAND ALONE SETUP YET?

I NOTICED THE CHANGE FROM THREE "TURBOS" DOWN TO TWO. IT LOOKS GREAT.
I HAVE WONDERED ABOUT HARNESSING THE POWER OF WATER FLOW TO POWER A SMALL
TROMMEL, BUT HAVEN'T TESTED ANY OF MY THEORIES. IF YOUR TURBO WORKS IT WILL GIVE ME A LITTLE HOPE FOR MY IDEAS.

GLAD TO HEAR AND SEE YOUR SUCCESS WITH THE POWRED SETUP.

GOOD LUCK
:coffee2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW G.G.
SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT... I MISS MY SHOP! I LIKED TO TAKE MY IDEAS DIRECTLY TO THE
SHOP AND TRY 'EM OUT.

I THINK THAT YOUR TURBO FUNNELS WILL WORK WELL. THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT
THE SMOOTH COMPRESSION THRU THE FUNNELS THAT JUST LOOKS RIGHT ON THE NAIL HEAD.

AND TO BE HONEST, I HADN'T THOUGHT ABOUT COMPRESSING WATER TO THE TROMMEL.
I MAY HAVE GOTTEN STARTED AND PAINTED MYSELF INTO A CORNER.

THANKS FOR THE HELP, AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR TEST RESULTS.
:coffee2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good Guy,

Great looking outfit!

All the best,

Lanny

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.G.-

A thought or two on your design. I have the medium bazooka, which I love. I really like the design and look of yours! My first thought when I received the B. Gold Trap was I wish it had plexi glass to see inside the trap.

After some use with the trap, I would think you would need a screen or grizzly over your turbo intakes for two reasons- Leaves and sand. Using the trap last weekend I noticed a whole lot of leaves getting stuck in the grizzlies, but not the trap. I also had a lot of sand built up in the bottom intake due to my partner sluicing just above me. I believe this is why the Bazooka has the intake pipes sticking out a ways from the bottom (or top in your design). If you start having issues with plugged holes, you might want to try a screen or something.

My other thought is with a flat trap you would need less water flow and so much of an angle since the rocks do not have to kick up and over. This would be good as it takes a good amount of water to make the bazooka run effectively. On the flip side, too much current and your gold might blow straight through your trap!

Would love to see this machine running next to the bazooka...

Rob

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dagreat,

Excellent observations!

I too had been plagued by the leaves and had to add a screen over the turbo intakes.
Have not had the sand problem, knock on wood.

I also had added what I call a "diverter baffle" just inside the intake of the trap diverting the incoming material downward at a 45% angle, the lower lip being 1/2" lower than the height of the discharge vent, thus preventing any gold blow through :icon_thumleft:

Diverter Baffle
diverter.jpg

Leaf Screen
screen.jpg

*NOTE
I no longer use that style leaf guard due to the limitations incurred.

Improved self clearing leaf guard made from 1/2" hardware cloth.
lg4.jpg
Hardware cloth mounted at 30 degree angle.

GG~

Last edited:

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice... Now you can go into production! :)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
GG you do good work! BUT, i see.........naw im just ribbing you! id like to make one of these but ive got so many projects that i need/want to make this winter that im probly not going to get to makeing this! but again you did a nice job fabbing up this device!

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
GG you do good work! BUT, i see.........naw im just ribbing you! id like to make one of these but ive got so many projects that i need/want to make this winter that im probly not going to get to makeing this! but again you did a nice job fabbing up this device!

Thanks Russau,

Of all the equipment I've made this gold trap is my favorite because It gives me the peace of mind that I'm not losing any gold off the end of my highbanker/dredge or trommel sluice.

GG~

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looks interesting, any place i can look at videos of the fluid bed working?
rick

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G.G.

When did you say you were going in to production? I think you've got a winner there--with what sounds like a lot of testing through trial and error to get it right.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny in AB said:
G.G.

When did you say you were going in to production? I think you've got a winner there--with what sounds like a lot of testing through trial and error to get it right.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny,

Would you like to field test the finished prototype next season?
That could certainly be arranged. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOODYGUY,
EVERY TIME I CHECK BACK YOU HAVE MADE A NEW IMPROVEMENT.
IT LOOKS GREAT. I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY IT IS THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE YEAR ,
IN FINE GOLD TRAPPING.

GREAT JOB ON A GREAT IDEA.
H.H. AND GOD BLESS.
:coffee2: :coffee2: :icon_thumleft:
MIKEL

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What would you consider to be the "optimum" angle of the floor/base of your gold trap?

Thanks,
Yours in Peace

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ncclaymaker said:
What would you consider to be the "optimum" angle of the floor/base of your gold trap?

Thanks,
Yours in Peace

Optimum would be "no angle" in other words "level".

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently working on a completely new design using the same fluid bed technology but with a different twist, "litterally" :sign13:
The new design should be even more efficient. :icon_thumleft:

I have also solved the problem of the buildup of heavies that chokes the system reducing efficiency thus causing a premature shutdown to do a cleanup. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE ALL, WANTING AND WAITING TO APPROVE THE PLANS. :evil5:

WE KNOW THAT THEY WILL REFLECT YOUR BRILLIANCE. :sign13:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS.