OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started to look at dog condolence cards on line to find one to send. They were to emotional. My dog is 16 and doing good for his age. I expect his loss someday. But a sudden loss is the worst. He’s in a good place. My condolences.
Thank you, Escape, but no cards needed. I choose to remember years of good times and will not linger too long on the loss. We've lost a cat and a dog, now, to rattlesnakes in the last year. And we've been seeing a lot more snakes near the house. I wonder if the wet winter and spring is causing more critters to populate or just seems to. Also lost the other dog in the above video to old age this year. Well, we move on. Tnx agn. ╦╦Ç

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry I am so sorry for you and your wife's loss of Buster. My heart and condolences are with all 3 of you. Thank you for sharing that great video of Buster with us. He was a gorgeous especially with his brindle color. I could tell that he was very smart and a very good boy too. Damned rattle snakes! :cussing:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you had some good years with Buster. Those who aren't as close to their pets don't quite realize what the rest of us go through when we lose them.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for your loss Brother. :sadsmiley:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Terry I am so sorry for you and your wife's loss of Buster. My heart and condolences are with all 3 of you. Thank you for sharing that great video of Buster with us. He was a gorgeous especially with his brindle color. I could tell that he was very smart and a very good boy too. Damned rattle snakes! :cussing:
Sorry, 'Tess, for the confusion. I'm not married. Judy is actually a high school sweetheart. We latched up again after she became a widow. Good kid! ╦╦Ç

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you had some good years with Buster. Those who aren't as close to their pets don't quite realize what the rest of us go through when we lose them.

Thank you. When I lost my Shana the Dobergirl, the best dog and friend that I ever had I was messed up bad for almost a year! At the insistence of her breeder I got her great granddaughter right before she passed and only because Shana was more worried about leaving me than she was with her own pain, but I never left Shana's side. Shortly after once she knew that I wouldn't be alone and would have another watching out for me, she gave me the sign that we had talked to each other about and she was gently put to sleep in my arms at our home. I had her cremated and she will be me when I go home too. After that I also quit doing our 3:00am neighborhood patrols as she was enough to deter a small army all by herself!

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry . My dog Maxie comes on many of my detecting hikes in the sticks . If I go down he'll be at my side. Tough to imagine my trips without him. I think it was George Carlin who said the worse thing about having dogs is that we outlive them. Again so sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Terry, ain't it funny how life works.

My friend, I guess we came home, where we have a life of peace. Good gracious all these years!

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your dog. I know they are family.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. When I lost my Shana the Dobergirl, the best dog and friend that I ever had I was messed up bad for almost a year! At the insistence of the Breeder I got her great granddaughter right before she passed and only because Shana was more worried about leaving me than she was with her own pain, but I never left Shana's side. I had her cremated and she will be me when I go home too.
As I write this, Judy's son is digging a spot for Buster next to Sui, the other dog. Judy's dad bought this place in '55, when she was 6. NEVER had a rattlesnake issue in 62 years, until the last year. The ground is hard pack gravel and difficult to move, so he is staying hydrated, I hope. ╦╦Ç

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, and it's tough. Dogs have more sense than most people, and in many cases are better friends. Rescue another soon, it's the best medicine.

HH, RN

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your lost. We all have to search our property to check and kill all snakes to save people and pets lives. I am afraid of all snakes. God bless.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really sorry, Terry. I'm a dog man myself, so feel your pain.
Jim

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SUCCESS!! Dan went down the road and found the rattler about 4 or 5 feet from where he saw it yesterday. WOW! You don't KNOW how glad I am to mete out my revenge! No snake hooks or grabbers today. Mossberg 590 .12 gauge with double 00 buck from two feet. We found enough pieces to guess the length at 3.5 to 4.0 feet. Instead of burying the head, we just gave him another taste at two inches. We turned the head into MIST! I will toast to that. Gopher snakes and others are just grabbed and moved. NOT this one. End of story. YES! ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drag...

Hope you find another pup soon.

Or? A mongoose perhaps?
No pups for awhile here. Got one now and he is a HANDFULL! ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread