My dog, Buster, died today.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh dear Terry .. so sorry for your loss ... Its hard to lose a fur friend whether by snake bite or natural causes... I had a hard time after having our "Sherlock" for 18 years and then 7 years later (tearful every time I thought about it )adopting a wonderful rescue who is so grateful and is always by our side out there gold panning or rock hounding/atving.. We keep an eye out for them slimy slippery critters as best we can.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. When I lost my Shana the Dobergirl, the best dog and friend that I ever had I was messed up bad for almost a year! At the insistence of the Breeder I got her great granddaughter right before she passed and only because Shana was more worried about leaving me than she was with her own pain, but I never left Shana's side. I had her cremated and she will be me when I go home too.

My stepfather has "Tara" a female "red" Doberman cremated in a vase in his home. They spent a lot of time in the Arizona desert hanging out together. Pets are family.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sincere condolences about Buster. Glad to hear the slithering low down snake met up with Mr. Mossberg. R.I.P. Buster.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of your loss brother.

Always said, It costs what a couple bucks a day to feed your dog? Where are you gonna find unconditional love for a couple bucks? Lost my labby not too long ago to seizures. After a couple weeks, I needed a buddy. Went to the ASPCA and was wandering around. This little thing that looks like a cross between a yorkie & a bijon trots over sat down in my lap just as proud as could be, looked up and that was it. They couldn't get her off my lap, so home we went. Funny thing was I'd never had or would consider anything smaller than a lab before. When we got home my lab walks up & did the dog greeting just like the little one had lived here her whole life! Weird how things work out!
Get out there there's another buddy looking for you!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dogs are my "kids"... this scares me every time they are outside.

We have massive rattlesnakes here... and one took my friends G Shepard last year.

Sorry for your loss Terry.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the loss of your friend(dog) Terry, for many of us pets are family members...

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for the loss of your friend(dog) Terry, for many of us pets are family members...
Tnx, TH, and all. Looked at pics and must call this snake a North Pacific Rattlesnake, also called a Black Diamond Rattlesnake. Common from Canada to Mexico through the western states. Nearly four feet with a body as thick as my wrist. Some of his stomach squeezed out and showed his last meal was a rodent, possibly a gopher. Tnx agn guys and gals. ╦╦Ç

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SUCCESS!! Dan went down the road and found the rattler about 4 or 5 feet from where he saw it yesterday. WOW! You don't KNOW how glad I am to mete out my revenge! No snake hooks or grabbers today. Mossberg 590 .12 gauge with double 00 buck from two feet. We found enough pieces to guess the length at 3.5 to 4.0 feet. Instead of burying the head, we just gave him another taste at two inches. We turned the head into MIST! I will toast to that. Gopher snakes and others are just grabbed and moved. NOT this one. End of story. YES! ╦╦Ç

I'll drink to that.

So sorry that you lost Buster. I'm sure that hole in your heart will always be with you. He'll be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very sorry from me and Gringo Copy of Gringo.JPG

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll drink to that.

So sorry that you lost Buster. I'm sure that hole in your heart will always be with you. He'll be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.
Very nice, Mz. Tnx. It won't be long we will run up to the bridges at the flume, me on the quad and Buster running. We will see if he can still beat me! Tnx agn. Terry

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So so sorry to hear that Terry. I love my dog so much my heart would be broken. Take care and God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the woman next door called SPCA today cause Leyo her dog of 15 years was dying from the heat and it was sad. He was a good dog but old. I called my wife and she cried but i told him good bye . It will not be the same without him.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, B H. I don't know exactly what brindle is but you can see he was part Pit Bull. Stripes. He also had the jaws of a pit bull. He crushed the flesh off one of my knuckles even though I was wearing heavy leather gloves. POWERFUL! I saw him kill a full grown skunk one day with just three shakes of his head. Anyway, tnx agn for the words. ╦╦Ç

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so sorry to hear that terry and thats really heart breaking. we have lost a couple over the years and it gets harder for us to deal with so we have a idea how you feel.

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for your loss, Terry.

I saw a documentary about people in I think Siberia who really depended on their dogs for survival and one of them said that good dogs often die young, fighting wolves, or a bear, or in Buster's case a snake.

They just have too much courage and spirit to keep out of harm's way. The guy that said that lost his dog to a bear that came into town and was the only one to face it after the other dogs ran off.

Our dogs are our best friends and often our best memories.

Detectorist143

Jul 10, 2017
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics patriot, Tesoro silver Umax and a BH 101 Hey Who was laughing? With 8" & 10" coils..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My deepest sympathy. From a dog lover if over 45 years and trainer over 25. Please read Rainbow bridge.
Google it. Every dog I meet or train I give a part of myself too. But they give me there all. God bless.

orange_sweetheart

Sep 5, 2014
Denton, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry for your loss, Terry. It seems like Buster had a very good and happy life with you guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread