My dogs smart! You have to read this story! :) Its amazing!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! Well I am at home right now on my laptop working on stuff. My dog went outside to go to the bathroom and someone left the gate open. My mom and I heard her barking and we did not know where it was comming from. My mom opened the front door and in comes my dog!!!!!! :o I was like OMGSH! I did not know how she got to the front, but she is one smart puppy!!!! :thumbsup: I have trained her well! :) She must love my house because we give her treats all the time. Shes not even a year old yet.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Female dogs are very rarely roamers unlike their male counterparts who even after being neutered will still have wonder lust built in by God Himself. :wink: It's all about the genetics and their desire to spread them abroad. In plainer words for the everyday reader. Male dogs get horny and go hunting every female they can smell on the air which can be a considerable distance, I've heard up to five miles away. Especially if the Female is in heat which can bring every loose stray male of the canine species from miles around. Even wolves and coyotes have been know to respond to the aroma of a gestating female dog in heat.

Most effective working dogs are female for this very reason. The debate had raged for such uses as police attack dogs between the advantages of the larger males vs the more compliant and trainable females. Just about every silver screen dog has been a females such as in Lassie movies and T.V. series almost every Lassie to appear as there were as many as ten at one time making movies, T.V. shows and personal appearances and only about three of the more than 100 dogs who appeared in one forum or another as lassie was male. The main reason for the use of female dogs vs male dogs wasn't just that females were/ are easier to train but the promoters of the Lassie series didn't want a male dogs thingy out there on display every where. Of course trolls will come along and want to argue the whole lassie myth thing but to each their own belief. The problem lies in who is lassie, some people claim they were the only ones to raise and train her but that is disputed by many insiders who say there were literally hundreds of lassies each one used for a specific training task.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
The exception to the rule is my Husky, Lady ,if given the oppertunity will be off like a speeding bullet. She will make a big circle of the neighborhood about three sq miles. If I try to catch her she plays hide and seek, peers around trees and then runs a fwe yards and does it again. She will come home and lay in the yard for a while and away again. Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread