• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 414

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good luck omen. Good day to treasure hunt! :thumbsup:

GG~

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you parking in his spot? ;D

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont know where he came from but I shooed him off my roof because he might scratch it up. You never know what exotics you will find roaming around here in South Florida. I have seen beautiful parrots, lizards of all kinds, pythons, even a monkey.

P

pippinwhitepaws

in the early 70's i lived out in the desert...we had about 20 peacocks...white and the common version...mean, poo on everything, even the coyote' left them alone.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
pippinwhitepaws said:
in the early 70's i lived out in the desert...we had about 20 peacocks...white and the common version...nosiy, mean, poo on everything, even the coyote' left them alone.
LOL What do they eat?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
bigcypresshunter said:
I dont know where he came from but I shooed him off my roof because he might scratch it up. You never know what exotics you will find roaming around here in South Florida. I have seen beautiful parrots, lizards of all kinds, pythons, even a monkey.
They will totally destroy the finish on any vehicle . Beautiful birds . A destructive menace if allowed to roam unchecked .
Jim

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I noticed he had some big feet. :(

P

pippinwhitepaws

i am not sure what they ate...poked about like chickens...?
we never fed them, and they sure looked good...

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
They're really noisy too. Don't let the neighbors know you brought them in if you decide to get any more. They can turn into real pests....

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
pippinwhitepaws said:
i am not sure what they ate...poked about like chickens...?
we never fed them, and they sure looked good...

They eat the same as pheasants.
cracked grain and small shelled grain.
they will decimate a bean field quite quickly.
The ones that come up off the river eat the food my Mom in law puts out for the turkeys.

Thom

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Zephyr said:
They're really noisy too. Don't let the neighbors know you brought them in if you decide to get any more. They can turn into real pests....
Its a stray. I never seen this bird until today on my roof. Maybe one of the neighbors own it because I heard a noisy bird the other morning about 5 am. He looks like he could poke a dogs eyes out.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I know a feller in Florida raises them for their feathers. Sells them in Asia for fashion stuff. Thank Goodness all I get on my cars is an occasional pigeon poop. This bird looks as if he could do some real damage even if it is just some loose bowels. :wink:

P

pippinwhitepaws

goaties are cool...trim weeds...an everything else. :icon_jokercolor:

P

pippinwhitepaws

thanks lady...go check out the new pic at daily photo...sunrise

;D

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I've always been a firm believer that if an animal enters our life, it's for a reason as animals bring messages to people and stay to offer their wisdom. Take time to learn the various lessons they have to teach.

(From http://www.sayahda.com/cyc3.html)

The peacock reminds us to see the beauty in all aspects of life. Its eerie call sounds similar to a laughing screech and reminds us to laugh with life and not take things so seriously. As it presents itself with confidence and awes us with its beauty it teaches us how to keep the ego under control and to set all vanity aside. Past lives associated with superiority has been linked to peacock medicine people. By observing the peacock we can learn to strut our stuff with dignity and grace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread