My E-trac died!!!

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
That's to bad, maybe you can send me you 15X12 SEF to try out for a week :laughing7: Hope it don't snow before you get it back. I just sold my backup X-Terra 70 so if mine stops working I will have to use a Toysoro I have here somewhere. Keep making those video's, I enjoy watching them.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your E-Trac Gibsondan, hope you get it back soon and I hope it don't happen to mine, I'd be lost without it also so it gives me a reason to buy a back-up detector just incase. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me! I know all about that from the early days of the Explorer. Be thankful you're under warranty, otherwise they'd soak ya good.

Fishenfool

Feb 28, 2008
Salem, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, V3, BH
dont leave the battery in an etrac when not in use. if u have been doing this, take the battery out for about an hour then put it back in and try it

OP
OP
G

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
Update: According to UPS's website, my E-trac is now in Las Vegas, Nevada where Minelab USA is located. They attempted to deliver the detector but Minelab was closed. Seems like a big company like that would be open for business on a Friday at 10:18 a.m. UPS says on their tracking site they will attempt to deliver it again. My hope was that they would receive the detector today, fix it and perhaps overnight it back to me. Oh, well. Wishful thinking.

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3 Khz 9" coil for my XTerra 705 died so I sent it to them. Tracy called me to acknowledge they received it but told me they have a 3 week backlog. However I received a new replacement coil 4 days after she told me it would be 3 weeks. They shipped it UPS ground with signature required. The UPS guy didn't show up until 4:30 so I had to sit at home all day waiting.

Kudos to Minelab for good service. Hope things with your Etrac go as smoothly. Its always good to keep at least one backup machine for times like these especially if it takes a while to get fixed.

OP
OP
G

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
Yesterday I got my E-trac back from Minelab. I didn't expect to get it for another week, so it was a nice surprise. They replaced the printed circuit board. Took it out yesterday for a bit to make sure it was ok. Seemed to work fine. Looks like I'm back in business.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gibsondan said:
Yesterday I got my E-trac back from Minelab. I didn't expect to get it for another week, so it was a nice surprise. They replaced the printed circuit board. Took it out yesterday for a bit to make sure it was ok. Seemed to work fine. Looks like I'm back in business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMs94ddFeNw

Allright GD glad you got it back, now go out and find that silver. :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you have a product that is faulty regardless of a company's poor customer service history. Shooting a great video like this will most likely get you speedy results! I like it! Great job. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread