Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
I would have quit with those finds unless no rolls were short and counter counted correctly... sorry to hear, this is so ruff. I have 20k to dump if that makes you feel better and am in search of a dump place.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I think I would quit too if I had that kind of result!!! Just not enough for all that searching. So far my average is better

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
ABM, I don't blame you one bit. At that rate, it would be cheaper to buy the silver outright.

ffd

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Arkie,
To be honest, It is more fun searching a box that turns out to be a skunk than to dump a box.
Every time I go out to dump I'm thinking that's it I'm quitting or I'm cutting down on the boxes.
The minute that dump is completed,I have a big smile on my face and I'm thinking about upping my order. :laughing7:

Anyway you got yourself some cheap silver for the time you were searching :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best,
Rich

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
ArkieBassMan said:
Pretty disappointing, but I did enjoy the search. I certainly won't miss dumping though.

40 boxes searched

11 x 90% (1 Walker, 4 Bens, 6 Kens)
51 x 40%

Thats it. 62 keepers in 40 boxes. 29 boxes were skunks. Best box had 22, second best was 12. No other box had more than 5.

I wish the best of luck to all of you!!!

62 keepers in 40 boxes. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I average one keeper every 11 boxes, so in 44 boxes I'd have FOUR keepers. You had 62. Yea, I don' thtink that is too disappointing at ALL. :-)

Good job. But you are done now?

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
Arkie,
To be honest, It is more fun searching a box that turns out to be a skunk than to dump a box.
Every time I go out to dump I'm thinking that's it I'm quitting or I'm cutting down on the boxes.
The minute that dump is completed,I have a big smile on my face and I'm thinking about upping my order. :laughing7:

Anyway you got yourself some cheap silver for the time you were searching :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best,
Rich

I did indeed get a little cheap silver and enjoyed myself doing it. I am exactly like you on the dumping/searching. When it came time to dump I would think, "Why am I going through this for such meager finds." When searching, I wished I had 100 boxes to go through! :laughing7: Overall, I would say I enjoyed the searching (definitely the FINDING) more than I hated the dumping.

Anyway, I did go out on a positive note. I went today to my tiny little hometown bank to pick up my last 2 boxes (luckily they forgot to order them) and to cancel my standing order. As I was walking out the teller calls out that she has $6 in loose halves if I want them. As I'm pulling the $6 out, she says, "a couple of them are silver." Indeed they were. Two '63 Bens. :icon_thumleft:

jrf30 said:
62 keepers in 40 boxes. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I average one keeper every 11 boxes, so in 44 boxes I'd have FOUR keepers. You had 62. Yea, I don' thtink that is too disappointing at ALL. :-)

Good job. But you are done now?

Wow. Is that 1 per 11 recently or lifetime? My boxes don't sound nearly as bad now, but compared to the average poster on here my 1.5 keeper per box average and nearly 75% likelihood of a box being a skunk is WAY below average. I know some on here are doing worse than that lately, but had some big scores in the past.

I really don't want to quit, and in fact was just about to talk to my supply and dump banks about increasing my volume, but I more or less have to. I'm in rural Arkansas. There are a grand total of 3 banks here that have free coin counters. One of them just cut me off (see my "More dump bank news" post for the details if interested). One of the two remaining is my supply bank. That leaves me with 1, and I know its just a matter of time with them anyway. Lots of sighs and rolling eyes there when I plop my canvas bag with $500 or so worth of halves on the counter every week.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Remember, this is a hobby.You still scored some cheap silver. As long as you did it as a hobby, you still did better than a 1% CD......and got some cheap thrills to boot......... HH Gayle

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I had simular results for my last 40 boxes. But that next dream box could come in next week. You never know. :dontknow:

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread