My find for the day...Could pay out big!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pun intended! :laughing7: I found this Columbia slot machine today. I know nothing about it, but I had to have it. It has cigarette packs on the rollers and the payout "legend?". I don't have the key to the back, but it looks/sounds empty. Now I need to do some research to find out the value. It looks like it is pretty old maybe 40's or 50's. Very heavy and solid metal unit with a wood base and sides. I wonder if I can get a key or new locks for this thing if so where?

Attachments

• 100_4111.jpg
    100_4111.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,108

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try taking it to a lock smith shop they should be able to Make a key for you!!!! HH Chug

IamJan

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2011
North Carolina
diggummup said:
I found this Columbia slot machine today. I know nothing about it, but I had to have it. It has cigarette packs on the rollers and the payout "legend?". I don't have the key to the back, but it looks/sounds empty. Now I need to do some research to find out the value. It looks like it is pretty old maybe 40's or 50's. Very heavy and solid metal unit with a wood base and sides. I wonder if I can get a key or new locks for this thing if so where?

Here is a link to a man that buys slot machines if you are interested in selling yours. He could probably give you any information you need...I hope this helps. ;D

http://www.ibuyoldslots.com/

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bdxample said:
Very cool find. Can I ask how much you paid for it?
Got it for $80 talked down from $100. Didn't work at first, had a quarter stuck in the viewing window. Once I shook it loose, it started working. :thumbsup:

savant365 said:
I'd love to find one of those, very cool :thumbsup: You could always send it to Rick's Restorations :laughing7:
Lemme guess... you be Rick? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I need to find someone local, I would like to have it restored. I have searched the internet far and wide and haven't found one that looks exactly like this one. I don't think that makes it any more valuable as it is a pretty "plain" looking machine aesthetically, but a nice conversation piece nonetheless.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
At 80.00 you made out like a one-armed bandit. I sold a Columbia nickel slot years ago for $800.00

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
I'd love to find one of those, very cool :thumbsup: You could always send it to Rick's Restorations :laughing7:
doh!.gif It took a minute but I got you afyer you posted the link. :thumbsup:
Although I would love to send it there, I don't think I could afford him. I saw an episode of Auction Hunters once that took place here in South Florida. Thye found a dice popper that they took to a local guy and sold it for $5k. I think i'm gonna try and track him down.

Attachments

• doh!.gif
    doh!.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 810

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
diggummup said:
savant365 said:
It took a minute but I got you afyer you posted the link. :thumbsup:
Although I would love to send it there, I don't think I could afford him. I saw an episode of Auction Hunters once that took place here in South Florida. Thye found a dice popper that they took to a local guy and sold it for $5k. I think i'm gonna try and track him down.

Saw that one, he really loved those "Dice Poppers"

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sheesh Diggummup you never cease to amaze all of us with the loot you find and the prices you pay. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Can't wait for your next post.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
diggummup said:
savant365 said:
It took a minute but I got you afyer you posted the link. :thumbsup:

Those shows are re-enactments of their best finds, I'm not sure if that guy really exists? You might talk to this guy...

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I was at a bin auction the other day and was talking to one of the other guys about the tv show. After saying that he wouldn't do another auction that was on tv, he said that he heard that on of the guys on auction wars was in trouble because he didn't return the item that was rented for the show. Second hand info, take it or leave it. Makes a fun story.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
Those shows are re-enactments of their best finds, I'm not sure if that guy really exists? You might talk to this guy...

Well... I know the company exists. I don't know about the guy though. I'll see. The company is Prime Time Amusements (noticed the logo on the shirt the dude was wearing. :thumbsup:) in Pompano. I got alot going on right now, too many projects and not enough time (or money!).

hombre_de_plata_flaco- Yeah they don't make em like they used to.
acevillav- Your too kind sir.
allen- That much I will do.
and thanks to all the other replies too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread