My finds 10-12-12

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was detecting a neighborhood not far from the house, I've been doing research on the area for the past couple of weeks. Still alot of old stone walls and steps leading to where the houses used to be.The city owns the properties and keeps the grass cut. Was searching this old house site and found a 1943 wheatie, ( soaking to get the dirt off) an old Pontiac car emblem, and a 3 ring bullet. The bullet has 3 rings around the bottom, and looks like someone took out a few chunks to make it frag on impact. It's a heavy bullet. The car emblem I think is from the 40's. Well HH all.

Attachments

• Today's find 10-12-12.jpg
    Today's find 10-12-12.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 3

Hoppus

Aug 20, 2012
Reno, NV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pontiac emblem but the bullet is nice as well. Interesting take on the bullet.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck next hunt, can you hunt frequency.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Forum!
You are lucky to have many nearby places for hunting with lead bullets and stuff .... persistent if you can earn a good collection of finds ... where lead bullets are buckles and old coins .... good luck! ... but not easy.

coinhound

Sep 26, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra VX3, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Whites Prizm 5G, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple of nice finds there mate. I wasn't aware that there were any of them bullets to be found in Ohio. We learn something every day. Keep the streak going.

Coinhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread