Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE
"Well went thru my flat buttons and found the one on the bottom of this post... it was so cruddy, just seen a hint of silver gilt on it... never cleaned up quite as nice as I thought, but it is what it is...which is a officer's cuff button from the Royal Fusiliers (War of 1812). It should look like the last picture (thanks IP for the pic)"

Managed 2 days of detecting with the boys..First day for me was slow but I picked up my pace on the second day with a total of... 33 musketballs, 1 Crusty War of 1812 button, sword (dagger) piece, arrowhead, 8 copper coins mostly crusty, 2 bale seals, folded lead buzzer, 2 thimbles and 2 early spanish coins (pistareen and a quarter pistareen)... sorry the pics don't do justice to the spanish coins..

Attachments

• 1737.jpg
    1737.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 2,563
  • Span3.jpg
    Span3.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 2,562
  • Span1.jpg
    Span1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,538
  • Span4.jpg
    Span4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,537
  • seal1.jpg
    seal1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2,526
  • seal2.jpg
    seal2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,531
  • Royal.jpg
    Royal.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,494
  • Arrow.jpg
    Arrow.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2,473
  • GROUP.jpg
    GROUP.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 2,500
  • officer.jpg
    officer.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,429
  • fus.JPG
    fus.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 1999_2010_finds_006_2.jpg
    1999_2010_finds_006_2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Re: My finds with Iron Patch and Ironhorse

wow...speechless....wow

KylePA said:
I love the pistareens. It would be super rare if we found one down here in Central PA.

They are rare here too Kyle. That is only the second Pistareen/2 reale to come out on our hunts and take a guess who dug the other... freakin Romeo! ::) :D Ironhorse and I have never dug one here but yet these guys come over an nail one each. Where's the justice!

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
I love the pistareens. It would be super rare if we found one down here in Central PA.

They are rare here too Kyle. That is only the second Pistareen/2 reale to come out on our hunts and take a guess who dug the other... freakin Romeo! ::) :D Ironhorse and I have never dug one here but yet these guys come over an nail one each. Where's the justice!

I wouldn't even let my 2 reale pistareen into the same room as Patriots'!

romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

I wouldn't even let my 2 reale pistareen into the same room as Patriots'!

hahaha but it's still one off the list!

Fantastic hunt! and awesome pistareen! :hello2: :headbang:

Fantastic hunt! congrats..

Real nice silver there man

HH Jer

Yikes! Those are some old coins! :thumbsup: What the heck kind of site are you guys hunting?

ziphius said:
Yikes! Those are some old coins! :thumbsup: What the heck kind of site are you guys hunting?

A really good one. ;D

Seems to have early French, British, and American settlers dating about mid. 1700s to around 1812.

Welcome to the club BannerMan!

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

At least you still have a pile of cobs to mention. You have nothing to cry about, IP. :laughing9:

I'm now pondering whether or not I should move to your stomping grounds. :dontknow: It seems as if you guys dig 5-10 coppers individually every trip out. :'( What is the breakdown of coppers that you guys dug at this site?

That looks like it was worth the drive! Any spanish is good but those have some pretty decent detail on them!! :icon_thumright: Let me know if you're gonna be down my way before freeze up!

Congrats! Very good finds! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks all...about a week on the fourm and I make the banner...sweeeeett

:notworthy:

Congratulations :icon_thumleft:

It's nice to have a better class of neighbour this time :D

Beautiful coin :notworthy:

shaun7 said:
Congratulations :icon_thumleft:

It's nice to have a better class of neighbour this time :D

Beautiful coin :notworthy:

But I came up with the field so it's kinda like I'm up there too! :D

:hello:

Fantastic looking Coin :o :o :o Great pictures as well :headbang: I also like the pictures IP posted :) but could somebody buy him some hand cream...poor guy :D :D

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back