My first 2 silver day, and my FIRST EVER SEATED!!!

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
My summer break has officially begun, so I decided to kick it off by going to the old park that we've been hitting hard. This is where we've found most of our oldest coins and stuff, so I figured I'd take the pop's machine out myself and hope for some luck. Wasn't looking too good after the first 2.5 hours. Went to the area where we've found a bunch of wheats hoping to at least get one of those, and I got a deep 38-39 on the Safari. 6 inches later, I had my first barber of the year and only my second one ever, 1901

Got alot of nothing for the next hour again, and was on my way out. I went by the "seated" tree where my dad found his last year, but nothing. Went back close to where I found the barber and got a 38 ish beep going only two ways. It didn't null anywhere though and didn't seem tooooooo much like a nail, so I decided to dig. Got down to about 7 and popped out my second silver of the day. Saw the one dime on the back and figured another barber! Flipped it over, and well that wasn't a barber. Instead, it was my first ever seated!

Thanks for looking, FilthyFlyer

Attachments

• barb.jpg
    barb.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 640
  • barberback.jpg
    barberback.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 645
  • seated.jpg
    seated.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 651
  • seatedback.jpg
    seatedback.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 647
  • barb.jpg
    barb.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 637
  • barberback.jpg
    barberback.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 640
  • seated.jpg
    seated.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 644
  • seatedback.jpg
    seatedback.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the Seated and the Barber silvers man! :notworthy:

Very nice finds! :icon_thumright:

Dave

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Way to go on your first seated!!! :headbang: May many more find their way under your coil!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet!! seated congrats! jewlery mode, threash hold 9, auto sens on,, is what i run on average. and i find dimes, wheat's up to 10in with no problems.. trust the SAFARI it has a great vocabulary :wink: MR TUFF

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice barber dime ...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great looking first seated! hope you dig a lot more!

OP
OP
filthyflyer39

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Mr Tuff said:
sweet!! seated congrats! jewlery mode, threash hold 9, auto sens on,, is what i run on average. and i find dimes, wheat's up to 10in with no problems.. trust the SAFARI it has a great vocabulary :wink: MR TUFF

we'll have to try that, I don't think we've really ever gotten much past 7 or 8, We try to run our sensitivity as high as we can, but is it possible to actually run it too high? I know sometimes it chatters but we haven't had too much problems with that. Thanks for the help!

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow! congrats on the great dime finds!!!! :headbang:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
filthyflyer39 said:
Mr Tuff said:

we'll have to try that, I don't think we've really ever gotten much past 7 or 8, We try to run our sensitivity as high as we can, but is it possible to actually run it too high? I know sometimes it chatters but we haven't had too much problems with that. Thanks for the help!
Great pair of Dimes!
I run my sens as hi as I can, depends on conditions.
if you can read the targets thru the chatter, higher is better.
unless of course your site has lots of shallow targets to clear first ;D

OP
OP
filthyflyer39

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
steelheadwill said:
filthyflyer39 said:
Mr Tuff said:

Great pair of Dimes!
I run my sens as hi as I can, depends on conditions.
if you can read the targets thru the chatter, higher is better.
unless of course your site has lots of shallow targets to clear first ;D

The place were at doesn't have many close ones left.We get some pop tab signals and other weird numbers, but pretty much everything else by now is deeper

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Congrats and ATA-BOY on your first seated coin!!! Don't worry, it never gets old no matter how many you dig!! 8)

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
That is two great pulls in one day, both hard to find let alone on the same hunt . Found my first seated this year also . Enjoy that feeling. I would definitly roll the dice there again. Rob :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions