thanks old man

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a few weeks ago I asked my old man to grab me some half dollars next time he was at the bank.
he went on and on about how much "the girls there" love him and how they would open up their cournicopia of coins for the old man. yeah whatever i thought.
so i took mt girlfriend out to mexican tnite and decided to invite my parents to come along. my old man says "bring 10 bucks i got something for you." fast forward through the drive to the restaurant and a few baskets of chips. my parents finally showed up. after a few minutes my old man asks me for 10 bucks (with a smirk on his face). i put two fives together and he throws me a roll of half dollars..
a walking liberty was staring at my faced on the open end of the roll!
(PS: i included a nice fossilized sharks tooth i found at the beach today. )
all in all i'll say this was my best bunch of finds i have ever had for one day.
thanks to the old man!
good luck to all!
:headbang:

franklin halfs
3 x 1961
3 x 1962
1963 A

walking liberty halfs
3 x 1942
3 x 1945

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
U folks that live on the beaches have always got nice finds !! :thumbsup:

Congrats to U !!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wow, what a coin roll, sure spiced up your Mexican dinner, lol. It's extra cool that your dad got you to replace his ten buck investment in your silver bonanza. Oh, yeah, maybe dad would have better than average results getting behind a detector also! Andi

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice treasure.....congrats! :thumbsup:
H

OP
OP
NolanTheExplorer

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i should equip the old man with a MD! great idea
i owe him big time.
thanks to him i have a 1700's farmhouse to hunt an hours drive...
the land's first (18th century) home has long burned down, and the road going to it is long overgrown.
but i think i have an idea where it sat overlaying some old maps on G earth.
this summer im gonna to find it...

the original house was somewhere behind the house in the woods. there are a lot of 17 and 1800's gravestones in the cemetery (white picket fence).

Attachments

• WH.jpg
    WH.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 233

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread