My first $500 box!!

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
Was a big old stinky skunk >:( >:(

The only bright spot was in the teller tray next to my teller. It was a nice white edged quarter. Gee can I buy that one from ya..."sure"... bingo a 1964 quarter ;D

Man not sure if I will order any more boxes. I have to roll all mine up. My CU has a Coinstar but charges the usual 7-8%. Lame! Now I have a bunch of cash tied up in nothing but copper. Not even any proofs!! It was the same wrapper and company in which I found 3 64's and a bunch of 40% halves. Just don't get it.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Cocrh. I know what you mean about those skunks...they do stink. I am like you...I have to roll all of mine back up....that sucks too, but what are you going to do....I am not paying that 5% that my bank offers...even though I am a customer....that stinks too!!!

Don't give up after only your first box....keep plugging & see how it goes....if it isn't working change strategies...possibly different bank/branch. May have to change it a couple of times....but keep plugging.....it's to early to quit on the boxes.

Congrats on the quarter....I have never had such luck on them but I take a peek every time I am at a bank.

Good luck.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yeah don't give up after 1 skunk! I have to re-roll all of mine too, takes a while, no coin counters near me.

OP
OP
C

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks for the encourgement all!!! Not giving up no way!! Too much fun. Just I don't have a bunch of cash to tie up in several boxes so have to roll em up and cash em in before the next box. Then I fear my rejects will find me!!! :o That is one bad horror dream!!! Reject Revenge!

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
I am not allowed to re-roll mine, but here is a tip to re-rolling:

when you open the rolls use your nails to roll the edge of one end open, try not to rip it.
It is only folled over 3 times

then push the bottom coin with your thunb and angle the coins with you other hand. They should slide right out!

When your done, slide a coin back in it to make the base stable, then fill it up with the unwanted coins.

It doesn't take long after you do a few, plus you won't have to get coin rolling papers.

hope this helps
Rumblebelly

OP
OP
C

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks for the tip!! But dang it I just cut my nails. Have to let them grow out ;D Hope your boxes become better next time. I am going to try another banks box next week and see what is up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread