My First Barber coins

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Well, folks, I found my first Barber coins today. Until today, I had never dug a Barber coin. Thirty-eight years and probably at least seventy-five thousand targets later, I finally dig a 1903-O quarter. Then, believe it or not, about thirty minutes later I dug a 1903-P Barber dime approximately three feet from where the quarter was found. My hunting buddy, Darla, was having to work. so I called her to tell her the good news and she was as happy about it as I was. I then went on to find a 1909-P Lincoln cent that grades extremely fine with full wheatears. From the condition, I would estimate that it was lost about 1914 or 1915. I then dug a very nice 1943-S War Nickel. Last night, just at dusk, I dug a Standing Liberty quarter (date worn away) and a decent 1942-D cent (same hole). Not a bad 24 hour period. The only thing is, how am I going to top this tomorrow? Oh well, I'll be out there trying, anyway. Here in the Conroe-Montgomery, Texas area, the weather prognosticators are prediicting a high of 77 degrees for tomorrow. The weather gods are really smiling on us here.
Good hunting to all of you.
BRD

Upvote 0
Congrats on the barbers BRD, that should keep you're spirits up for a while. Post some pics, I'm snowed in up here and wont see any action for some time, I gotta keep the itch from getting too bad.
kenb

Congrats on the Barbers and the SLQ , my buddy lives in Conroe and when I went to visit him last year I couldn't find many places to go. It seems anything in Texas before 1980 has a historical landmark plaque stuck to it
Good Hunting

Man BRD.....I was waiting for you to say, "and then I woke up". That is definitely gonna be hard to top. HH

Congrats on your first Barbers,,, Hard to believe it took 38 years to get one...
I have been detecting for alittle over 6 months and have found 2 Barber dimes so-far... Funny how things work out, huh?
Sounds like you had a great 24 hours, Hope it don't take another 38 years to find another one.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Great finds. What were you hunting? A park, old homesite?
Keep up the good work.
xXx

Waiting to hear what popped out today! Sounds like a great day of hunting yesterday to be sure.

xXx,
I was hunting the yard of a home that was built in 1854. The house is still occupied.
Today I hunted the same site for about an hour and dug an extremely fine 1929-D Lincoln cent. I dug it in the same area that my hunting partner and I have gone over numerous times.
Yes, Leon, I too hope it doesn't take another 38 years to find another Barber coin! That would really be a long" dry" spell.
Gaughan,
I keep thinking a gold coin will eventually come out of one of our old sites that we hunt or a regular basis. You'll probably hear me yell when it does!!
BRD

Great digs! enjoy that weather :) I'll be getting some of the same over here in Florida ;)

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back