OUT AT SEA TODAY!!

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
All,

I am out to sea today (Hunting mines). No chance of MD'ing today for obvious reasons. For the "Old Salts" in this forum, isn't technology a wonderfull thing? Imagine sending e-mails and surfing the Internet while out at sea!! I have only been in the Navy 17 years and if someone had told me this would be possible back towards the beginning of my career, I would have thought they were crazy!!

Well, good luck to everyone!! I'll be out there in your neighbor's back yard late next week.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hunting mines? hopefully you're not local, LOL!! good luck and safe journey navychief.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? kenb

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
I dont know about that NC. If I was in your shoes I'd want an MD out front, preferably with a Loooooonnnngggg handle on it. Thanks for doin' what you do! And hey....Let's be careful out there!

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
NC..Like I said in a different thread..Thanks for your service.

Hope U find everything you are looking for.(or at leaset some gold) :D

Dave

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Your country appreciates the job you are doing! I appreciate the job you are doing! Come home safe and may tons of gold grace your scoop! ;D

OP
OP
navychief1968

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It really means a lot. If you ask any police officer, paramedic, or military service member you will find out that hearing a "thank you" once in a while, really makes it all worth while.
Most people really have no idea what sacrifices we make on a routine basis in the military. I have been only married for about five months and here in a couple of weeks, I get to kiss my wife good bye and tell her I'll see her again in seven months "hopefully".
Please don't think I am complaining though. I am just stating the facts. I know it's an all volunteer military and this is the life I chose.
On a good note - the pay checks during the deployment will be outstanding!! (tax free status baby!!) I definitely see a new beach detector in my future!!
Oh by the way (to the person who was asking), I am stationed onboard a mine sweeper. I am the Operations Dept. Leading Chief. We are the guys on the ship who actually operate the SONAR and mine neutralization vehicle.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
WTG Chris...As I said before, my son is 3 years in the Navy, leaving soon for Bahrain. Good luck to you on the deployment.

Dave

M

mstary1

Hi there.
My first post here. totally hooked on MD, just need to get a better metal detector than
this chead tandy model i iuse, hoping to pick up a 2nd hand minelab soon.
I'm in the Aussie navy , mine warfare division, been minehunting/sweeping since 1993.
glad to see another mine hunter.

stay safe chief.

mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread