🥇 BANNER My first C S buckle find

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Took my grandson out for a short while and found what I have longed for what seems like an eternity. image-3782594366.jpg image-3084307909.jpg Found in Jackson ms area. The tip of one hook is missing but still has a lot of the black enamel inlay still there. image-2702704993.jpg I actually found this sat morning but this is the first chance I have had to post it.GOD receives all the glory for my finding this. It is truly answered prayer for me.when I found it I was running around and jumping like a kid at recess until I noticed I had spectators at a nearby ball field paying more attention to me than the game they were seated at. Lol. I have a friend that said he is about to get me an article in the north south trader. That will be awesome. I won't get another chance to hunt this spot until I come home around Christmas. It will be on my mind night and day.

Last edited:
Upvote 36

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up in the upper right hand corner of each post is a red button that says "Nominate For Banner" or something in those words, maybe "Banner Nomination". I don't know what the actual words are, cause the moderators do not have those wording there...for us it says "Create Banner". If you feel a found object is banner worthy, then this is what you click on to nominate it to the banner. You writing in a post, "I'm nominating for banner", "banner worthy", or whatever you want to say is not what counts. It's the number of reports that are actually counted.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/365420-banners.html

And then be patient:thumbup:.....

Speaking in general...

Just because a dozen people say banner doesn't make a find banner, and attacking TN or the moderators because it isn't bannered yet will Not help make it banner, if any thing it is a strike against it.......

Campaigning for banner is a strike against it as well.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey absosecur,

Good to see this great plate. and it's finder, up top. Big congratulations, sir!

1936_fish_store.jpg

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would have been nice to have it banner naturally, but can understand the need to get it community certified as a banner. Might it even help its resale value? (Cough I hate to think!)

I guess these are no longer rare! Everyone needs to start thinking about finding something else, like $20 gold coins!

Congrats on your find, it truly IS rare!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you referring to campaigning by the finder or by other Members?

By the finder........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH

Understood. Thanks!

NP... We see it like someone campaigning for Nobel Peace Prize, just doesn't look right...

Last edited:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So....does this mean that the CS buckle I just found has no chance at the banner now?? Just kidding......I wouldn't post it even if I did find one :)

OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
I did not vote myself for banner but have been accused of tooting my own horn. It's not that at all. A nine yr old can't understand politics so in his eys it's as simple as like one kid gets gifts at Christmas and another is standing right there,watches it happen and gets nothing. Remove the whole post I don't care. I found it I have it and you guys that make the decisions on here have ruined the fun comrodery for me with all the other guys on this site. Never once did I try to Bragg or toot my own horn.

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not vote myself for banner but have been accused of tooting my own horn. It's not that at all. A nine yr old can't understand politics so in his eys it's as simple as like one kid gets gifts at Christmas and another is standing right there,watches it happen and gets nothing. Remove the whole post I don't care. I found it I have it and you guys that make the decisions on here have ruined the fun comrodery for me with all the other guys on this site. Never once did I try to Bragg or toot my own horn.

Banner or no banner that is a "banner" find! Be happy! That's a once in a lifetime find! Me, along with hundreds of others are drooling just looking at this! Just be happy you saved some history, that's what it's all about and you saved something awesome! Don't worry about the petty stuff!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

absosecur my comment about campaigning for banner was not directed at you, but in general as some have done so, but you were complaining it was not on the banner yet and others were saying it was politics which it was not....

I asked to have patience, that sometimes it takes awhile to get the votes required.

Post stays....

OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
mangum said:
Banner or no banner that is a "banner" find! Be happy! That's a once in a lifetime find! Me, along with hundreds of others are drooling just looking at this! Just be happy you saved some history, that's what it's all about and you saved something awesome! Don't worry about the petty stuff!
thank you mangum

OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Honestly the only thing I have left to say about the whole matter is that BANNER means absolutely nothing to me on this site anymore. At this point my request to all mods on here is do not make my buckle banner. It's just a word to me after all this. I am very proud for the gent that did make it with the same exact thing. It's not crying its facts and principal. Remove the post if you like.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly the only thing I have left to say about the whole matter is that BANNER means absolutely nothing to me on this site anymore. At this point my request to all mods on here is do not make my buckle banner. It's just a word to me after all this. I am very proud for the gent that did make it with the same exact thing. It's not crying its facts and principal. Remove the post if you like.
You ruined it for yourself...Ive never seen someone demand that a find make banner like you did.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

See this is what gets at me , Please realize once something is there it stays.
I understand your upset, but I don't undo banners.

there seems to be a big misunderstanding on banner,

some think "Banner" means great find like the news thinks "Trending" means "latest".
so everything they want to compliment they say "Banner"
it can be a child's first zinclon, and members will say Banner Find.
doesn't mean it belongs up top.

The banner is for finds that are above normal.
Rare, or valuable, Or really really cool.
Some apparently realize if there is one up there at the Moment,
why vote another one up, Till that one had disappeared.

Just because something gets bannered does not mean everyone like it.that gets dug
that week is going to get a banner, till the other one is gone from view.

if 10 people pull out CS plates this weekend, I hope they don't all go crying Politics
when they don't make banner :tongue3: there is no list of items that must go up.

that said, It is a nice find and you should be happy with it.

and IF you wish I go through & Delete all Off topic posts,
including this one from your thread I will do that.

Last edited:

JohnnyRebCSA

Oct 6, 2010
Tennessee, CSA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266X
My goodness! Two Tennessee CS Clipped Corner buckles near each other on the banner list. Looks really special with their pics up there....of course, they are special.

Congratulations on the find of a lifetime!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OUTSTANDING find! The CS buckle has been on the top of my wish list for a looooong time! Congratulations on finding it and for making a well deserved BANNER1 :thumbsup: Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread