My first cache

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find!!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I got a kick out of this real cache find. Good thing the treasure writers never wrote it up, it would have been millions.

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story behind the cache makes that one super cool find old folks like that seem strange to us but when you delve into their past things make a lot more sense. My great great aunt grew up during the depression/ww2 era and she saved everything! i mean as a kid my job was to go over to her house and take out her trash. it was literally a job i could do about once a month but i stopped in with my brother about every other day because she paid well with homemade cookies and koolaid. But the real work came when once a month it was recycling day holy crow i could not beleive how much stuff that woman could sort and recycle she literally considered it her patriotic duty!but anyway long story short when she passed away the family found over 20,000 dollars in cash and coins hidden in books and various other places in her room of course once i got my metal detector i thought holy cow i almost gaurantee she buried something in the flower garden. i got a hit in the flower bed started digging see the lid to a tiny jar and start freaking out before i even get the jar out of the ground get the jar out and realize its a jar of seeds! lol i have since pounded the place to death but to no avail oh well i'll keep dreaming but congrats on the cool find! sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread BB

OP
OP
bblaha

bblaha

Jul 25, 2012
That's a cool story! Finding seeds is hilarious. Have you found anything else in the yard, even a single coin?

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool story! Finding seeds is hilarious. Have you found anything else in the yard, even a single coin?

I have found 5 wheats, wind chime remains an old spoon a bunch of old copper roofing nails, a tootsie car and an old medallion that i think was part of an old fair ribbon but no silver or valuables yet i still hunt the place though i cant shake the feeling that i'm missing something!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions