My FIRST Chuck E Cheese token! Oh yeah and BIG silver!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well it rained all day Thursday and Friday here. No a light rain either a nice heavy soaking rain for almost the whole time both days. So Baldingboy and I had made plans to sneak on Saturday night and detect after my wife got home from work. Yesterday at 11:30 my sister called and said she was going to see my mom and wanted my two youngest kids to go with her, and I NEVER get a Saturday off from the kids so I agreed.

I took my 16 y/o out and we test drove a few cars for something to do and because I really want a new car. Then we talked about going to a movie so we went home and I was looking at the movies when he came in and told me that he was going to his mom's. So I started thinking. It's 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon the ground is good and moist, no kids, no wife, detecting without any remorse. Can life get any better????

I threw on my detecting clothes and headed out. Called BB on the way but he was busy getting his back waxed??? :tongue3: Actually he was at a B-Day party. So I told him where I was going to be and I headed out. IT was HOT and HUMID!! But man what a rush!

I started out not really finding much and then hit two keys, parts of a coffee pot, and a rose tag. Then I was about to quit and take a break when BB showed up. We started digging and I hit the two tootsie toy cars then the BIG ONE!!! :oWhat was funny was not 15 minutes before I found the big ol Chrysler Tootsie I had just told the neighbor about the one I found early in the spring and that I had to give it up and you just don't find those very often. I believe i told them it was a "once in a lifetime" type find. Oh well was I wrong!

Now the car is in BAD shape and NO I did not do that with my digger because it was in the middle of a big chunk of mud that was intact when I pulled it out of the ground. But still it is neat. The other says A RUN BOUT and the other says MONZA but I cannot find out if they were made by Tootsie or not.

I then found the little M item that looks like it might have either been a necklace or maybe to a keychain.

Well one wheat penny later and about two hours I told BB it was time to move to another site and man am I glad I did! :thumbsup:

Things weren't going too good at the new place when I came across my first Chuck E Cheese token!!! (yay Nick!) I then found what I thought was a bell but turned out to be part of a candle stick holder. I got a call from the wife and she went on for about 5 minutes about how I should be at home waiting for her instead of out detecting. At the time I just blew her off but after thinking about it maybe I should have..............nah.

I told BB I was going around back of the house and headed that way. Got part of an Avon lipstick tube and then a wheat penny, then the switch. I turned the switch several times but nothing seems to happen. :icon_scratch: :tard:

I as giving up and getting ready to go and reached down to turn off the Beast when it purred that sweet sound I haven't heard since two hunts ago and I thought "yeah baby a merc!" Turns out it wasn't meant to be. I flipped the plug over and fell backwards onto my overly large backside!!! There in the side of the plug was a BIG piece of silver!! :o The biggest I have ever seen in one of my holes!!! I resisted the urge to grab it and ran around to the front of the house. BB thought I was trying the scare thing again at first but I told him "Come on BB you HAVE to see this." Then I did a complete back flip!!! I didn't know I had it in me!!!

We walked back and I showed the coin to BB in the hole and then I pulled it out. I saw a really worn but definite Eagle on the back!!! I knew I had hit old silver!!!! :thumbsup: :o

I flipped it over and sure enough a WALKING LIBERTY HALF!!! :o I was so excited!

AS you can see it is VERY worn and NO date is on it. The nick on the side was there before I got to the coin. I have finally hit the older silver and a big one at that!!!
Thanks for looking and sorry this is sooo long.

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 984
  • tootsiebig.JPG
    tootsiebig.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 999
  • tootbigin.JPG
    tootbigin.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 999
  • chrysler.JPG
    chrysler.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 981
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 983
  • bcin.JPG
    bcin.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 969
  • carfront.JPG
    carfront.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 979
  • cct.JPG
    cct.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 995
  • coin.JPG
    coin.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 972
  • cs.JPG
    cs.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 966
  • keeps.JPG
    keeps.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 969
  • keys.JPG
    keys.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,034
Upvote 0

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to our "15 minutes of fame" forum looksforrocks. :wav: Hope you enjoy your stay, what planet you frum, and what kinda equipment you use? :icon_jokercolor: ;D

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Holy smokes Larry! Big Congrats on that one! As Dan said, lot's of character on that baby! Not only did you pull a backflip, but actually managed to come home without BB killing you with his detector on the spot?! You guys rock!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread