Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first annual Pipsico Hunt was very successful this weekend. I met some T-Netters and hunted at a great site. I started by the museum where a house once stood that was built in the 1850s. Found some clad and a couple of wheats, 1925 and 1953.

I then decided to check the area around the archaeological dig site. They had it roped off, so we couldn't detect inside, however, the area around it looked like prime territory. I went to the far corner of the field and got a great signal at about 6 inches. I unearthed this button. I don't have any idea how old it is, but it looks old. It's not a typical flat button, its a bit concave as you can see from the pics.

Anyway, it was a great weekend and it will be even better when one of you tells me I found a colonial button!

SO, START IDENTIFYING FOLKS!!!!!

Thanks,
J

Attachments

• DSCN4670.JPG
    DSCN4670.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCN4671.JPG
    DSCN4671.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nothing huh lol!!!

Oh well, I will post the pics in the What is It forum and see if I can get any bites.

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hey... looking at the back.. it looks like a button that lost it's shank.. I have a couple like that.. came from late 1700s house sites.. is there a makers mark on the back??

MonkeyBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread