My first ever large cent!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my wife along with me New Years Day. She is my Good Luck charm. Everytime I take her detecting with me I find a really nice find. Well first place we went to I found a really nice 1937 Buffalo Nickel. Then I found a 1948 D wheat penny. Well about 30 minutes went by and didn't find much else so we moved to another spot. Hunted out there about 45 minutes and decided to call it quits. It was cold and I know she was ready to go get into the heat. Well as we were walking to the truck I was just fast swinging and all of a sudden the Ace 250 let out a coin cry. Range was in the 25cent to 50 cent range. So I decided to dig it. Man o man am I glad I did. I cut the plug and folded it back and sitting at the bottom of the hole was a big thick copper coin. I knew right away it was a Large cent. Boy did I get real excited. Also caught it on film...Got it home and cleaned it up and come to find out it was an 1848 Large Cent. My oldest coin to date. My good luck charm is a keeper. The coin is in rough shape, but I could get a date off of her for sure. 1848..Good stuff...Hope you all enjoy the pics and video. zaxfire69
IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

daec5a79.jpg

236d4710.jpg

Upvote 0

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Congrats on number 1, i hope you find many more like it. :wink:

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOL thats great sounds just liek me & my wife :laughing7:
plehbah said:
I think that it is great that your wife is your "good luck charm".

Whenever my girlfriend comes detecting with me (carrying the shovel), I keep telling her I cannot talk to her and the DFX at the same time. DFXs require the same level of constant and deep level communication that women do.

We always wind up squabbling and I find no treasure.

Nice large cent!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on your first LC. :icon_thumright:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can scratch the dirt off the copper coins once they come out of the ground. It won't damage them.

Which state do you swing in?

Keep digging with the passion!

Kirk

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Mississippi Kirk Pa. Kirk Pa I wanted to clean it, but I was afraid I would damage it. The front of the coin is pitted bad. The back is alot better...I didn't want to ruin it. I see so many of you guys cleaning them off, but I don't have the experience to clean such an old coin. Know me I would start scraping on it would break in half or something then I would be real sad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread