My first finds

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I found an old dump site deep in the woods and brought a few bottles home after digging for about 10 minutes ( more like moving leaves and downed logs). I'm guessing these are from the 60's or so. There are many more there, along with rusted old metal toy trucks and other rusty metal.

I might try and go back in a few weeks.

image-3338342441.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one in the center appears to be a whisky and Is probably a tad bit older than the others. When you go back, try digging a few test holes down to see what, if anything, lies beneath. You appear to have a date range of 40's-60's.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the bottle all the way to left?I would dig a bunch of test holes. Is this dump on a hill? If it is try digging on the top first. And I would grab the toy trucks you found.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Justin, i couldn't see that one from where I'm sitting. Lol

image-2513938844.png

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
hunts with son

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
What's the bottle all the way to left. I would a bunch of test holes. Is this dump on a hill? If it is trying digging on the top first. And I would grab the toy trucks you found. Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

I will take a close look and a better pic when I get home.

On the side of a large hill, from bottom to top about 4-500 yards. The spot is about 3/4 way up. There is one that is somewhat together, the rest are pieces and badly rusted.

Thanks for the info!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a big dump your going to need to dig a lot of f holes. Even if the cars are rusty and have no wheels there worth taking.

Attachments

• image-930925899.jpg
    image-930925899.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
hunts with son

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I rinsed a few. The tall one in the middle has raised writing near the top that says " federal law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle". Along the bottom is has "4/5 quart" four times around the bottom. This is cool stuff !

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that crown top might of had some embossing on it. Be careful digging glass becomes addictive. You most likely have some applied colored label sodas there sometimes there worth taking. Good luck I look forward to seeing your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread