My first Flat Button

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , I live in a small little village called Campville New York during the Civil War era Colonel Camp settled in this spot after the end of the war. He also came threw this area with His Troops before settling here hence the name 'Campville' . Anyway I found this flat button here in the woods and was wondering if Anyone could give Me any info on it such as Age , Militairy or Not, and so on ??? any info would be awesome Thank You... Its just over 1 and a 1/4 inch wide...and Brass I think attachment.jpg attachment2.jpg

Upvote 1

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Still has the shank on the back. Congrats!

OP
OP
gman7665

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 'shank' on the back is was round ,but it got squished a bit...This was My Rookie first year w/ Garrett Ace 350 .

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens to us all, rookies or not. Don't worry about it! As for the button, I don't think it's military, but I could be wrong. I know a lot of these were plated and also have back marks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread