Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this in a box from B of A costarica.jpg
There was 21 coins in that roll so it didn't cost me a cent. Good thing because it is worth less than 2 cents. >:( It is almost the size of a half but a little thinner. When I first saw it I "knew" I had something special because of the thin white stripe. Boy was I wrong. :P

10 Costa Rican Colon = 0.01966 US Dollar

It would take a 25 pound box of these to buy $20 worth of anything in Costa Rica. Anyone got a wheelbarrel.

Upvote 0

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Nice find! We should have a contest - Least Valuable Coin found in Circulation (across the denominations). You might be the winner for half dollars! :)

-Brian

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
It could even be worthless. Some of the not so recent Mexican coins are because there money has been devalued over time. I keep all the foreign coins in holders in a page in my "special coins" CRHing book.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
There are some cool foreign coins. The older the better. I found a 1923 Canadian nickel at the coin return today. It kept jamming up and finally the coin popped out in the return tray. Pretty sure it wasnt one I put in. The side nicked pretty good twice. Im sure its from the coin return. Looked it up, not a drop of silver or any metal worth anything. Still the reverse kind of cool looking. Oh well, Ill keep it anyway. Probably worth more than your costa rica coin! ;D

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kestrelia said:
Nice find! We should have a contest - Least Valuable Coin found in Circulation (across the denominations). You might be the winner for half dollars! :)

-Brian
I doubt it as mentioned above with the devaluing of the old Mexican peso, those are worth far less if I remember right and there may some lower than those. Old pesos are worth 1000x less than todays pesos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions