My first Fox Field piece

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
A super great friend sent my these pieces.What a happy surprize that was.The Disk. is the F.F. piece.The other is from K.Y. as well.
IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

Thanx for looking gang....Geo

Upvote 0

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hello NeoGeo, Great looking pieces. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Fox Field piece?

Newbie from just up the road near Aggieland. (don't hold it against me)

paleojoe

Mar 31, 2008
Very nice disc. You really have a great friend. love the pottery handle too. Fox Field is located close to Maysville Kentucky. It is in Mason County.It was the site of a wonderful Fort Ancient village. It is situated on a hill overlooking the bend of the river below. I would love to hunt it just once. I dont think it is farmed anymore. I am sure that Dorkfish has a few things to say about Fox Field. He has a few nice pieces from there also. Thanks for sharing them.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff, Geo! Love that disk!
regards~~sandcreek4

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bravowhiskey said:
Hello NeoGeo, Great looking pieces. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Fox Field piece?

Newbie from just up the road near Aggieland. (don't hold it against me)

I used to live in College Station and Bryan and we played on the Brazos all the time.

Neat items Geo lot diff than the Texas stuff. Good friend they must be. :thumbsup:
TnMtns

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
My heart nearly stops when I see pieces like these....to think of the extra care taken to incise this handle...great snaps,too...your technique is A+++++....keep it coming....

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
thanx everyone.It's humbling how much my friend thinks of me..I am blessed!Thanx again for all the kind words....Geo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread