Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a awesome ring, real diamond or not my friend

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nice find MikeT. It may be real as most gold finds usually have the real stone. Silver finds usually have the CZ's. At least that has been my experience and have heard the same from others.
HH,
Roy

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the ring if thats a real diamond then you just paid for your machine!!!!

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
I took the ring to a pawn shop and he told me it was a CZ ..didn`t do a test on it he just said that by looking at it through a lupe. Also said for a diamond that size it would be a thicker band. ??? :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Get it re-checked for sure, the guy may be right but you never know. Still is a sweet looking ring, congrats on your first :thumbsup:
Glenn

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold.  Don't even worry about the diamond being a possible CZ.  There's always the next time, now that you will become even more addicted to the hobby.....

Contrary to what some say, there is gold in the dry sand.  My best find ever was from the line where the dry meets the wet sand.  I met up with one fellow treasure hunter a few weeks ago and surprised me where he found a nice gold ring, dry sand next to the garbage can.

Good luck on your next hunt.

HH

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh I betcha that is a real diamond... excellent find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May 31, 2008
Lake City, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 II, Ace 250, Gold Bug 2, Fisher 1265-X, C&G Bobcat, Previously Garrett Groundhog and Bounty Hunter RB 10
I'll bet its a diamond! Never ask a guy in a pawn shop about the value of anything. They'll tell you its junk, so they can get it from you at a steal. I bought my own diamond checker. A Presidium Multi-Tester. It is considered one of the best. It was about $225. Money well spent.
Take it to a Sam's Club. The jewelers there will test your diamonds for free.

Good find! I wish I'd found it.

HH, Bob

OP
OP
miket

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
North Florida Beach Hunter said:
I'll bet its a diamond! Never ask a guy in a pawn shop about the value of anything. They'll tell you its junk, so they can get it from you at a steal. I bought my own diamond checker. A Presidium Multi-Tester. It is considered one of the best. It was about $225. Money well spent.
Take it to a Sam's Club. The jewelers there will test your diamonds for free.

Good find! I wish I'd found it.

HH, Bob
thanks for that info about sam`s club..i`ll try it! miket :thumbsup:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto on the Pawn Shop info. I know they deal in such stuff but you have to remember that they make their money buying cheap from you and selling high to me. Take it to a local jeweler for an appraisal and identification. There are many 14k rings with CZs in them but you never know. One way that you can get some idea on your own is to look at it with a magnifier. A true diamond will have some imperfections in the stone unless it is a flawless diamond which is very rare. Look for black spots (Carbon) inside the stone and what appears to be white lines (Inclusions). The carbon spots are common in diamonds, inclusions also. Make sure you clean the stone before looking or you may be looking at dirt or fingerprints on the surface. Windex works well for cleaning or any other glass cleaner. It will clean the stone and the gold.

Good luck.

2bit4reale

Nov 27, 2004
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II SL, Whites Treasuremaster PI 3000, Whites Surfmaster PI Pro
Congrats on the the gold! WTG! I agree with everyone else on getting a second opinion, not real big on dealing with pawn shops myself...

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold. I would get it checked out again.... :tongue3:

May 25, 2008
When ever you have a possible diamond it always pays to have it checked by someone you trust. As an example Eric a buddy of mine found a ring with what looked like ice and took it to a jeweler and they said they were real and for a thousand dollars they could put it in a new setting for him, he then went to Schrode's and Allen let him know it was glass. So unless you have your own tester you never know!

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
I'm with the group.You got to test it. It could be Moissonite (man Made diamond) which they can still test for. Value? Diamond-Moissonite-------------------CZ. CZ in 14K doesn't make a lot of sense.

Stuart

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
congrats! It's amazing that feeling of your first gold ring. way to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread