My first gold

Twig57

Oct 22, 2014
My wife and I went out to a relatively new park complex today that we have found mostly clad and junk jewelry at but the area was farm /residential back in the day. I got a fairly faint signal and the numbers didn't look too promising but for some reason i dug it. At about 6" I pulled out the piece on the left. Ok cool its a little jewelry of unknown metal. I checked the hole again and the number was different and a little better. Next comes out the silver cross. Well thats better. One more check and there's still something there, maybe the chain ? When I saw the gold color I was confused. Way too shiny and clean for as deep as it was and compared to the others. Very surprised and pleased ! Sorry for the long story. Thanks for looking ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462823.137992.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462837.279261.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440462853.714141.jpg

Upvote 21
Tks. 14k and the cross .925. The other has no markings

It is an awesome feeling to see that gold in the dirt isn't it? Congrats

Very nice gold and silver score! That's always a big clue when it comes out of the ground bright, shinny yellow! Congrats!

Given that it was once residential/farm, could it have been a stash or cache? Same whole, all three religious icons, no chain..................?????

Yes or they were on a necklace and when it broke the chain stayed with the owner and the pieces dropped. They were all at the same depth and inches apart. I looked everywere for that chain.

Congratulations on your golden ticket! Great hunt!!

Welcome to the club man and congrats!

A sweet find like that stokes the fire. Congrats on the gold!!! :occasion14: I bet the chain is somewhere close by.

If your area has a lot of migrant workers they buy Gold as an investment as some can't open bank accounts.They will even put Gold chains and necklaces and rings on the kids so you can find gold even in the Tot lots also soccer fields are good for gold and silver religious chains and medallions.

Back-of-the-boat you're right on the button! These were in the park area but near the soccer field.

Back-of-the-boat you're right on the button! These were in the park area but near the soccer field.

That is where I find them also.If your detector is water proof you can find Goodies at local swimming holes also.That was why I went with the AT gold it can
be submersed down to 10 ft.So can the AT pro. but other detectors can also be submersed I just happen to like Garrett.Another good spot is around basket ball courts, people take off jewelry and shirts playing then leave at dark they pick up shirt and wallah the jewelry stays down in the grass my largest gold ring was found around a b.ball court.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back