Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2013
Oviedo, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter, tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I just got into the hobby in the new year, and have been looking for places to hunt. Tried the beach thing and found trash but had fun. Tried some parks and found trash but had fun. But today I noticed a road near my house that had never been developed beyond pavement, so I got out and started digging. After finding a bunch of strange things (cool trash), i noticed a clearing under some trees and thought... I guess I can hit that before the sun goes down. I was finding cans and nails, And decided that I would only dig one more target and much to my surprise I found my first silver coin, a good looking 1943 mercury dime. I know most of you have found a bunch of these but for me it felt like I hit the lottery!!!! I think a pastime just became an obsession!!:pot-of-gold:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 21

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A beauty too! Good job, you'll find many more I'm sure.:icon_thumright:

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES...Good Job!!.......going on my 42nd year, and I love the BH 3300 that I got the end of December 2012, and have already found 12 silver coins with it, 10 of them in 2013......

I wish you many more silver....Happy Hunting!!

Bill

Last edited:

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coin, way to go!!!! :hello2:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York, where I am Happy Dancing for you - Congratulations! :hello2:

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find that was my first silver too. After that came a Rosie then a walker half and it only gets better if ya stay at it

ctitech0019

Nov 17, 2012
southeast pa.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter qd 2, garret pro pointer !
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I just got into the hobby in the new year, and have been looking for places to hunt. Tried the beach thing and found trash but had fun. Tried some parks and found trash but had fun. But today I noticed a road near my house that had never been developed beyond pavement, so I got out and started digging. After finding a bunch of strange things (cool trash), i noticed a clearing under some trees and thought... I guess I can hit that before the sun goes down. I was finding cans and nails, And decided that I would only dig one more target and much to my surprise I found my first silver coin, a good looking 1943 mercury dime. I know most of you have found a bunch of these but for me it felt like I hit the lottery!!!! I think a pastime just became an obsession!!:pot-of-gold:

thats how it starts ......................... H.H. and good find !

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It took me almost 2 years to find my first merc found it 2 weeks ago lol congrats she's in good condition too!!

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Merc! NJLARGECENT and I just came to a consensus that it's the 2nd coolest US coin design, behind the Indian Head penny. Welcome to the addiction. You will find more silver... and much much more junk!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Welcome to the best obsession in the world. Been in over 20 years, promise there will be lots more. Just stay positive. HH

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My personal favorite is the walking liberty half dollar... But to each his own. But any old coin is great silver or not

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only 1 here In over three Years!!! Great Find Chug

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm with Grant Hansen and think the Indian head penny and Merc are some of the prettiest designs in coins.Congrsts on your find and welcome to TN.

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats...as you found out the trash bag fills a lot faster than the good bag. Whether it is something of value or not, just recovering items is rewarding.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love those mercs! here's to many more :occasion14:

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to hear a first silver...I'm still searching for my first merc. Good call on the location, always nice to have a inclination pay off.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great looking merc way to go buddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread