Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2013
Oviedo, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter, tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I just got into the hobby in the new year, and have been looking for places to hunt. Tried the beach thing and found trash but had fun. Tried some parks and found trash but had fun. But today I noticed a road near my house that had never been developed beyond pavement, so I got out and started digging. After finding a bunch of strange things (cool trash), i noticed a clearing under some trees and thought... I guess I can hit that before the sun goes down. I was finding cans and nails, And decided that I would only dig one more target and much to my surprise I found my first silver coin, a good looking 1943 mercury dime. I know most of you have found a bunch of these but for me it felt like I hit the lottery!!!! I think a pastime just became an obsession!!:pot-of-gold:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 21
A beauty too! Good job, you'll find many more I'm sure.:icon_thumright:

YES...Good Job!!.......going on my 42nd year, and I love the BH 3300 that I got the end of December 2012, and have already found 12 silver coins with it, 10 of them in 2013......

I wish you many more silver....Happy Hunting!!

Bill

Last edited:
Awesome coin, way to go!!!! :hello2:

Welcome from White Plains, New York, where I am Happy Dancing for you - Congratulations! :hello2:

Nice find that was my first silver too. After that came a Rosie then a walker half and it only gets better if ya stay at it

Hello all,

I just got into the hobby in the new year, and have been looking for places to hunt. Tried the beach thing and found trash but had fun. Tried some parks and found trash but had fun. But today I noticed a road near my house that had never been developed beyond pavement, so I got out and started digging. After finding a bunch of strange things (cool trash), i noticed a clearing under some trees and thought... I guess I can hit that before the sun goes down. I was finding cans and nails, And decided that I would only dig one more target and much to my surprise I found my first silver coin, a good looking 1943 mercury dime. I know most of you have found a bunch of these but for me it felt like I hit the lottery!!!! I think a pastime just became an obsession!!:pot-of-gold:

thats how it starts ......................... H.H. and good find !

It took me almost 2 years to find my first merc found it 2 weeks ago lol congrats she's in good condition too!!

Congrats on the Merc! NJLARGECENT and I just came to a consensus that it's the 2nd coolest US coin design, behind the Indian Head penny. Welcome to the addiction. You will find more silver... and much much more junk!

Welcome to the best obsession in the world. Been in over 20 years, promise there will be lots more. Just stay positive. HH

My personal favorite is the walking liberty half dollar... But to each his own. But any old coin is great silver or not

Only 1 here In over three Years!!! Great Find Chug

I'm with Grant Hansen and think the Indian head penny and Merc are some of the prettiest designs in coins.Congrsts on your find and welcome to TN.

Congrats...as you found out the trash bag fills a lot faster than the good bag. Whether it is something of value or not, just recovering items is rewarding.

love those mercs! here's to many more :occasion14:

Always good to hear a first silver...I'm still searching for my first merc. Good call on the location, always nice to have a inclination pay off.

great looking merc way to go buddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back